Havanese Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
32,246 Posts
Sheri, thank you! She is so very different than the boys. But every now and then she does something that reminds me of them. I am not sure how I forgot the boys ever being puppyish. I remember their antics as funny/scary stories… like the time Cash stealthily, patiently chewed through the support dowel under a wicker chair. And the time Jas was chewing on a carpet remnant and got a staple stuck in his mouth actually stapling his jaw stuck. So, I do know they were puppies too! But that was so long ago. In many ways she is easier than they ever were. And oh boy is she keeping us busy.
Actually, I remember BOTH of those stories!!! LOL!

·
Metrowest, MA
32,246 Posts
Thanks for your stories! The only thing that really concerns me is the getting out of her pen, cause I’m afraid she’ll hurt herself. (Pen cover comes on Tuesday 🤞) She did it again today. I’m slightly concerned about the biting/mouthing which is never mean spirited, and most people tell me she will stop on her own. But I would hate for it to continue. She does it when she wants us to play, as if we’re her litter mates. So we try and train through those moments ask her to sit, stay, etc. to distract her.
I agree that the pen escapes would worry me too, but you have a plan! You’ll get the better of that little monkey! LOL!

Both Elizabeth and I supplement our moms and puppies with DHA, which studies have shown improves cognition in puppies. Smart puppies are a double edged sword, though… They learn faster, which is great, but you also need to keep them busy. Over all, though, I am all for smart dogs! ❤

1 - 2 of 2 Posts