Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I entered this photo of Shama in the local newspaper's Cutest Pet contest:

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Snout

It was taken 12/26/20, when she was five and a half years old.

A portion of the proceeds from voting (50 cents per vote; $5.00 minimum vote) goes to the Humane Society.

If we win 1st ($300), 2nd ($125), or 3rd ($75) place, I will donate 3/5 of the prize money to BENCHS (Blue Earth Nicollet County Humane Society), our local animal shelter.

If you would like to vote for Shama (or one or more of the other 154 pets), here's the link!

Thanks!

PS I gave this a subject line to grab your attention, and if, at the contest link, a person clicks on the details about Shama, they'll learn she's a Havanese, but I honestly don't wish for the Havanese breed to gain popularity ...

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Super Moderator
SHAMA has my vote, but to be honest the photo of "3 Amigos" on the last page so reminds me of the three notorious members on HF that I call the Three Amigos!

Reactions: ShamaMama

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SHAMA has my vote, but to be honest the photo of "3 Amigos" on the last page so reminds me of the three notorious members on HF that I call the Three Amigos!
OMG, that 3 Amigos picture is really cute! I hope no one spots it! Please remind me who you call the 3 amigos here?
Thank you for your vote! It was very exciting to see that she had 10 votes!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boo Dad - Boo got a hold of my credit card, and purchased 100 votes for Shama. I guess he wants her to win. Good Luck, Shama.
Boo! You are amazing! Shama is running zoomies now that she's tied for 4th place out of 155 entries!

Lately, I'm finding it very hard to resist contests and raffles that benefit good causes. It's hard when the prizes are appealing (like a darling little vest that Primrose is modeling on Instagram) and when you know that you're helping a good cause.

Boo's Dad, please don't be too hard on Boo for throwing some votes Shama's way. You are supporting one and possibly two good causes. Plus, you're helping Shama's self esteem. She doesn't always believe us when we tell her she's cute. We are her parents, after all ...

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Boos Dad - Boo was furious, when he learned that some little white dog with something silly in the mouth, had more votes than Shama. He said, Dad get out that credit card and give Shama another 400 votes. What can I say, I listen to him. Go, Shama, Go!

Super Moderator
Oh My Dog! Shama is in first place by a wide margin! Let's keep her there! Second place is a very cute dog of unknown gender.........chewing on a bully stick? 馃槻

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boos Dad - Boo was furious, when he learned that some little white dog with something silly in the mouth, had more votes than Shama. He said, Dad get out that credit card and give Shama another 400 votes. What can I say, I listen to him. Go, Shama, Go!
Boo! You are out of control! (But thank you so much!)
馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh My Dog! Shama is in first place by a wide margin! Let's keep her there! Second place is a very cute dog of unknown gender.........chewing on a bully stick? 馃槻
Thank you, DogFather! When I first looked, we had 10 votes, then 120, now 520! Very exciting!

The contest goes through December 19 if anyone wants to keep an eye on it!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Registered
Shama is now at 540 (don't know if that included Perry's votes)... though I'm feeling sorry right now for all the pictures with 0 votes - I may have to go and give a few of them some votes (especially the 3 Amigos - they're too cute!!).

Super Moderator
I may have to go and give a few of them some votes (especially the 3 Amigos - they're too cute!!).
Goooooooo 3 Amigos! They're coming on strong! (but not strong enough to beat Shama)

[EDIT] Hey! There's two different entries for second place dog. Is that permitted?

Premium Member
Hey Forum Readers,

This is Boo. It looks like that silly white dog has pulled ahead of our Shama by 40 votes. Please do your part and send some votes Shama's way today. I hope to see her back in first place soon.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey! There's two different entries for second place dog. Is that permitted?
I didn't actually read the rules for the contest, but it seems to me that if you enter twice, you're just creating more competition against yourself ...

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挋馃挏

1 - 20 of 87 Posts