Havanese Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

Super Moderator
Update 12/7/21, 10 pm PST. It looks like Kelly and Shama are now tied for first place with 690 votes each. Poppy remains in second place with 630 votes.

Shama needs your help now, so that she does not fall behind.

Thanks everyone.
Kelly 馃ぎ she reminds me of a rancid bully stick. RICKY RICARDO

Reactions: ShamaMama

Premium Member
Kelly, who reminded Ricky Ricardo of a "rancid bully stick," started to close in on Shama's lead this morning. However, Dad just matched 180 votes and added 40 more, giving Shama an even 1,000 votes. Right now, Kelly has 750 votes. Although Shama has a good lead, things can always change in a moment. So, please keep your votes coming in. Dad will do another match before the close of the contest. Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Boo, you are AMAZING! Shama and her parents thank you for the support!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Good Morning! This is Boo. I want to thank all of the forum members, who have voted for Shama in the Cutest Pet contest. With only a few more days until the contest ends (Sunday, 12/19 at 9pm CT), Shama is still in the lead with 1035 votes. Dad will be matching votes (up to 200) through today. So far, Shama has only received 35 votes, which will be matched. If you were planning to cast a few votes, please do so by the end of today, and take advantage of Dad's vote matching offer. We still need to make sure Shama has a good lead to avoid a last minute upset.

Again, thank you everyone for your help. We are hoping for a victory celebration on Sunday evening.

Boo

Metrowest, MA
Good Morning! This is Boo. I want to thank all of the forum members, who have voted for Shama in the Cutest Pet contest. With only a few more days until the contest ends (Sunday, 12/19 at 9pm CT), Shama is still in the lead with 1035 votes. Dad will be matching votes (up to 200) through today. So far, Shama has only received 35 votes, which will be matched. If you were planning to cast a few votes, please do so by the end of today, and take advantage of Dad's vote matching offer. We still need to make sure Shama has a good lead to avoid a last minute upset.

Again, thank you everyone for your help. We are hoping for a victory celebration on Sunday evening.

Boo
I just bought Shama 40 votes.

Premium Member
I just bought Shama 40 votes.
Added a few more votes because Shama truly is the cutest.
Thank you both for your generosity. It is greatly appreciated. A win for Shama is gonna be a great kickstart for my monthly birthday celebrations. Dad is celebrating every month through my 20th birthday. So lots of treats for me. I'm almost 19 years and 2 months now. Boo

Premium Member
Dad just matched the 105 votes, which were received since last Friday. Now, Shama has a total of 1210 votes. Thank you everyone for helping us to get there. If you are still sitting on the side lines, remember your $5-10 donation helps support the Humane Society. Voting continues for two more days. Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Thank you, dear forum friends, for all the support!

What's strange is that the print version of the newspaper says that voting continues through 3 PM CST on Monday, 12/20, even though the online version says that voting ends at 9 PM CST on Sunday, 12/19. They also say that the winner will be notified on or about 1/5/22 ...

In any case, thank you again for showing Shama some love and for helping two good causes - the Minnesota Humane Society and BENCHS, our local animal shelter!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Attention Forum Members!!!

Although Shama continues to lead in the Cutest Dog contest, "Stinky Magoo," a spaniel has garnered over 700 votes in 2 days (taking third place from that "smoker" Poppy). "Stinky Magoo" is coming on strong. if you have not voted, please give Shama a few votes, so that we can ensure that a Havanese takes the Grand Prize (a victory for all Havanese).

Remember you not only help Shama but support the Humane Society.

Thank you.

Premium Member
HIGH ALERT!!!

"Stinky Magoo" is on the move, and has bumped Kelly (the cat) from second place. Will our dear Shama be next? Who knows with that sneaky "Stinky."

Remember just a small $5.00 donation gives Shama an additional 10 votes and helps the Humane Society. Helping others is definitely its own reward.

Thank you.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
ShamaPapa and I find it offensive that Stinky Magoo is chewing on an American flag. Between that fact and his stinky nickname, I would really hate to see him win the contest ...

I continue to wonder if they will accept votes all the way through 3 PM on Monday as suggested by the print version of the paper or only through 9 PM tonight as suggested by the online version and official rules ...

I will be issuing a final plea to Shama's 1200 Instagram followers, but I have to say that our online Havanese forum friends seem to be more dedicated to the cause than the Instagram peeps. Perhaps because Boo is leading the battle and really wants a Havanese to win!

Currently, Shama has 1210 votes, and Stinky Magoo has 820.

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
From ShamaPapa:

Don't let those Stinky Magoo guys win the contest. It is against the US Flag Code to let your dog chew on a flag! This disrespect to flag and country is worse than the cigarette smoking dog or the cat. Please vote for Her Royal Highness if you are able. 馃榿

Premium Member
Folks - We are down to the last hour of voting, per the online site. Shama has 1450 votes and "Stinky" just moved up to 1170 votes. It looks like like "Stinky's" followers are trying to get a victory. We will not allow them a victory. Keep voting for Shama.

On a side note, that nickname (Stinky Magoo) is really quite obnoxious and offensive.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
We're not going to declare victory quite yet since there could still be in-person votes left to count. The online results do suggest that Shama won 1700 to 1170, though, so HURRAY! and THANKS!

Poppy edged out the cat for third place. Makes sense since cats are not cute. 馃槈

HURRAY! THANKS!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挋馃挏

41 - 60 of 87 Posts