Havanese Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

Super Moderator
I just checked the contest results this morning. Apparently, Shama has won the Cutest Pet contest! 馃コ Congratulations to Shama and @ShamaMama and Papa. The three of you are such great Ambassadors for the Havanese breed. Job well done!

Special recognition goes to Boo and @BoosDad for their contributions and tireless efforts in promoting a good cause - both the Humane Society and SHAMA!

And thank you to all the Havanese Forum members who contributed to the winning contestant, Shama. Your donations will help in making life better for the neglected animals that need a helping hand especially at this time of year. I doubt there is any other breed specific group that has such a dedicated, generous, and "spirited" membership! You guys are good people and why shouldn't you be, you are Havanese peeps! 馃憦 FIST BUMP 馃

Registered
Agree that BoosDad deserves special recognition for his great roll as a booster. His reminders certainly helped me remember to not forget to vote...

And of course the Havanese deserved to win because she was the best of showcase!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thank you again for all your support. I will let you know when we've heard official word from the contest organizers. So far nothing, but they said they'd notify the winner around January 5.

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Member (Teresa)
Thank you again for all your support. I will let you know when we've heard official word from the contest organizers. So far nothing, but they said they'd notify the winner around January 5.

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋
I just realized I'm too late馃槳 but Shama won anyway馃槉鉂 will do better next time. Fortunately, it looks like my setback was just temporary. Next time you so something I will be there!

Registered
Thank you, DogFather! When I first looked, we had 10 votes, then 120, now 520! Very exciting!

The contest goes through December 19 if anyone wants to keep an eye on it!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋
OMG I am just reading this now!! Darn it!!! I would have voted/donated! I can barely bring myself to go to the end of the thread to see if Shama won!! 馃檲馃檳馃檴

Super Moderator
OMG I am just reading this now!! Darn it!!! I would have voted/donated! I can barely bring myself to go to the end of the thread to see if Shama won!! 馃檲馃檳馃檴
Read the whole thread; it's a cliffhanger, until an elderly Havanese comes to the rescue!

Registered

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋
Ohhh, I have to wait until Jan?! 馃槼馃槕 Well, either way, she鈥檚 the winner in my book! 鉂

Registered
This is THE place to be for Havanese lovers. It's great to see you and Chase are still on board the Havi train鉂
@JaJa Hello 馃憢 I am most definitely still on the Havi and HF train, though with my terrible time mgmt, I am hanging on to the caboose!!! I always have the intention to visit until something else pops up. I do tend to spend a good deal of my free time with Mr. Chase!

Member (Teresa)
@JaJa Hello 馃憢 I am most definitely still on the Havi and HF train, though with my terrible time mgmt, I am hanging on to the caboose!!! I always have the intention to visit until something else pops up. I do tend to spend a good deal of my free time with Mr. Chase!
I definitely understand! If you ever feel inclined, new pics are always welcomed even if they're late馃構 Hope you had a fun Christmas/Hannukah/Holiday.

Registered
I definitely understand! If you ever feel inclined, new pics are always welcomed even if they're late馃構 Hope you had a fun Christmas/Hannukah/Holiday.
I posted Chase鈥檚 holiday pic in one of the Christmas threads, but I鈥檓 including a pic here too from today. Chase has taken to standing up more and doing little tricks like spinning around while standing. Here鈥檚 his best Oliver Twist, 鈥楶lease Sir if you can spare a crumb鈥 馃ズ

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Working animal

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I posted Chase鈥檚 holiday pic in one of the Christmas threads, but I鈥檓 including a pic here too from today. Chase has taken to standing up more and doing little tricks like spinning around while standing. Here鈥檚 his best Oliver Twist, 鈥楶lease Sir if you can spare a crumb鈥 馃ズ
He is SO CUTE!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Registered

View attachment 176505
Adorable! How could you possibly resist?! How big is he now?

Super Moderator
Chase has taken to standing up more and doing little tricks like spinning around while standing. Here鈥檚 his best Oliver Twist, 鈥楶lease Sir if you can spare a crumb鈥 馃ズ
Oliver Twist was written by Charles Dickens probably best known for writing "A Christmas Carol."

To complete Chase's connection to Dickens and Oliver Twist...

Dickens owned one dog. What breed was it?

Where did Dickens acquire the dog? (probably in Florida)

What did Dickens name his dog? (he named it "Timber Doodle" but called him Tiny Tim, the lame little boy in A Christmas Carol - "A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!" - Tiny Tim. There are some reports that the dog was a bit lame and walked with a limp, but maybe that was because the front legs are genetically shorter than the rear and it only appeared to be limping.)

I'm giving way too many hints!

Chase is in some pretty good company and I have some insider knowledge that he is a smart little boy and he may be begging for food, but hardly a desperate pauper!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
From ShamaPapa:

ShamaMama emailed the paper to make sure they had her correct email address. They said the check wasn't ready yet. It was a bit odd, because there was never an official message of congratulations. The latest paper announces Shama as the winner.

Organ Font Screenshot T-shirt Motor vehicle

Dog Vertebrate Cat Carnivore Mammal

Thank you all for your support. 馃榾

Member (Teresa)
From ShamaPapa:

ShamaMama emailed the paper to make sure they had her correct email address. They said the check wasn't ready yet. It was a bit odd, because there was never an official message of congratulations. The latest paper announces Shama as the winner.

View attachment 176700

View attachment 176701

Thank you all for your support. 馃榾
Yippee!!! Clearly, Shama is the cutest鉂 Thanks for posting.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts