Havanese Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago my husband showed up with an 8 year old wonderful Havanese boy he adopted, surprising all of us. We are all in love with him. He is the sweetest, most loving dog we have ever met. Surprising considering what he has gone through. I have so many questions about diet and grooming and everything else. We took him to the vet of course but specialized advice is always helpful. He was severely malnourished and so matted they had to completely shave him...poor little guy. We just want to make sure we do everything we can for this wonderful new family member. Especially with grooming as his hair grows..he so deserves the best.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Always happy to welcome another rescue! My Perry is a rescue but we got him at 8 months old - I'm super impressed that yours is 8 years and is still sweet despite a presumably hard life There's a great group of people here who will be more than happy to answer questions. You can also go back through old posts/ threads on specific topics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Two weeks ago my husband showed up with an 8 year old wonderful Havanese boy he adopted, surprising all of us. We are all in love with him. He is the sweetest, most loving dog we have ever met. Surprising considering what he has gone through. I have so many questions about diet and grooming and everything else. We took him to the vet of course but specialized advice is always helpful. He was severely malnourished and so matted they had to completely shave him...poor little guy. We just want to make sure we do everything we can for this wonderful new family member. Especially with grooming as his hair grows..he so deserves the best.
Awwww my little Gigi is a rescue and also eight. She was found living at the side of a motorway in Romania, she only has one eye, half a tail, a snaggletooth and bow legs. But she is the most beautiful being.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts