Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's Cadbury (litter name). He was the most laid back one of the two litters. He left today flying to Massachusetts with the Dad of his family. I think he's their first dog. They have two girls ages 10 and 12 (if I'm remembering correctly).

This morning, he fell asleep on the grooming table while I was holding him, and Pam was trimming his feet, and clipping his nails.

They're still working on a name, but the girls want to name him Paddington. He loves all people and dogs. The Mother wanted one she could do Therapy with, and would be good for the girls.

I think they got what they wanted. We're anxious to see pictures of the smiles on the girls' faces when he gets home. I wish more of our puppy owners posted here, but I don't post someone else's pictures.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds like Cadbury was matched perfectly with his new family 🥰 Nice! My daughter was about the same age when I flew to Eastern Canada from California to pick up our pup from my wonderful breeder. Daughter slept with the pup on the floor in the ex pen the first two nights . They have grown up together! Pup is now 6 and daughter 17! It was a beautifully sweet time. I am sure the girls will be over the moon!

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Sounds like Cadbury was matched perfectly with his new family 🥰 Nice! My daughter was about the same age when I flew to Eastern Canada from California to pick up our pup from my wonderful breeder. Daughter slept with the pup on the floor in the ex pen the first two nights . They have grown up together! Pup is now 6 and daughter 17! It was a beautifully sweet time. I am sure the girls will be over the moon!
We also flew from California to Ottawa, Canada to pick up Scout from our breeder. It has been ten years and still receive recent pictures of some of his littermates.

Yes, you can tell which one is Sprout. He leaves tomorrow. We weighed him today. He was 3 pounds 4 ounces. He's going to a family that has always had Chihuahua's, He's doing great, and is quite a little character.
Such a beautiful litter of puppies, but little Sprout was my favorite too! He's even larger now than Truffles as a puppy. :)

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Yes, you can tell which one is Sprout. He leaves tomorrow. We weighed him today. He was 3 pounds 4 ounces. He's going to a family that has always had Chihuahua's, He's doing great, and is quite a little character.
Over 3 lbs is a fine weight for a Havanese puppy going home anyway! I think Ducky was only 3 1/2 lbs then! He caught up a LOT!!!

Reactions: NotAMuggle

·
Registered
1 Posts
We are fortunate enough to have found Pam and Tom! We are bringing Bud home from Molly’s litter on Sunday and we cannot wait! I’ll make sure to post pictures here. I have learned so much from this forum..everyone has great information and advice to share. I joined because our friends have a havanese and we fell in love. I happened to read one of Tom’s post and reached out to Pam. Now here we are bringing home a Starborn puppy 😊

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
We are fortunate enough to have found Pam and Tom! We are bringing Bud home from Molly’s litter on Sunday and we cannot wait! I’ll make sure to post pictures here. I have learned so much from this forum..everyone has great information and advice to share. I joined because our friends have a havanese and we fell in love. I happened to read one of Tom’s post and reached out to Pam. Now here we are bringing home a Starborn puppy 😊
I'm so glad you will be around on the forum!!! It is SO much fun to watch other Starborn pups grow up here! (I have two, myself!!! 💕 )

Pam and Tom breed lovely dogs, and they are a treasure of information on the breed and on puppy raising!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Over 3 lbs is a fine weight for a Havanese puppy going home anyway! I think Ducky was only 3 1/2 lbs then! He caught up a LOT!!!
Yep! I think Piper was 3.25lb at 9 weeks so probably close to 3.5 when I brought her home at 10 weeks. Now at almost a year and a half old her final adult weight is about 10.5-10.6lbs :).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sprout just left with a wonderful couple, very dog experienced, from New Jersey. They were a Great match! I told her that Sprout had a fan club here, and she promised to post pictures.
Thank you for the kind words, Tom. I am Robi and my husband is Rick and we are thrilled to have Ruffin (formerly Sprout) as part of our family. We are driving back to New Jersey and Ruffin has been a very good boy. He has been in a hard sleep for you over two hours. He has used the temporary litter box we set up on the rear floor of our car like a pro. I will start a different thread soon so everyone can watch Ruffin grow—thanks for the love!

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We're getting pictures of the puppies who have left so far sleeping on the blanket with the toy that has their littermates smell on them. This is Paddington after a play session.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts