Havanese Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Premium Member
Beautiful! Glad I stopped by the forum today. Claire is not the only one hoping to visit one day!

My cosmos have started blooming. I have about five flowers. :LOL:

I just removed the grass from a new area that will get perennials. I was very pleased with my work until I realized Shama and I had missed a class on loose leash walking review! Sigh.

馃挋馃挍馃А馃挏馃挌

Owned by a Havallon
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Interesting that they can insulate above it! And it doesn't sweat with the internal humidity of the house below it?
The metal ceiling is part of the conditioned space. Above that is a vapor barrier and insulation. The roof is above that and is ventilated. Sweating should not occur unless the conditioned air from below comes into contact with the unconditioned space in the attic This should not happen unless something is wrong.

Owned by a Havallon
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Oh, another question! Does the concrete floor have built in heating?
We considered radiant floor heating but decided against it. Here in Missouri the weather is all over the place and radiant floor heat is more geared to turning it on and leaving it on. Here you may need AC one day and furnace the next. We are using three minisplits which have performed very well. They have hyper heat but may not be as good for climates with super cold winters like yours. Our house also uses some passive solar design principles. Lots of south facing windows with an overhang that allows sun in during the winter when sun is low and no sun in summer when sun is high.

Cloud Sky Building Plant Window

Metrowest, MA
It is REALLY attractive! And the heating makes sense for your climate, when you describe it. Is the 鈥淢鈥 for 鈥淢orton鈥?

Owned by a Havallon
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
It is REALLY attractive! And the heating makes sense for your climate, when you describe it. Is the 鈥淢鈥 for 鈥淢orton鈥?
Thank you! Yes it is a Morton. One reason we chose this is because we could not find any builders in our area. So we had Morton put up the shell and I was general contractor for finishing it out which was a HUGE job!!!!

Owned by a Havallon
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Your house is absolutely beautiful. Love, Love Love It! The cabinets are gorgeous. Is the floor concrete? Maybe you said somewhere and I missed it. Everything you chose is just perfect!
Thank you. The cabinets were actually made by local Amish. The doors were made by a local woodworking company who has been in business for 100 years. The floors are acid stained concrete. The dogs appear to love the floors. If anyone is ever interested in having cabinets made I highly recommend the Amish. They do great work and are reasonable in price! i think I got my cabinets for less than I would have paid at Lowe鈥檚!

Metrowest, MA
Thank you! Yes it is a Morton. One reason we chose this is because we could not find any builders in our area. So we had Morton put up the shell and I was general contractor for finishing it out which was a HUGE job!!!!
I recognized it because they do so many barns around here and I remembered you mentioning that it was a pole building!

Reactions: mudpuppymama

Metrowest, MA
Thank you. The cabinets were actually made by local Amish. The doors were made by a local woodworking company who has been in business for 100 years. The floors are acid stained concrete. The dogs appear to love the floors. If anyone is ever interested in having cabinets made I highly recommend the Amish. They do great work and are reasonable in price! i think I got my cabinets for less than I would have paid at Lowe鈥檚!
I love those cabinets too! And I love your choice of the lower cabinets and upper shelves. It makes everything feel so light and airy!

Metrowest, MA

Owned by a Havallon
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Was the door pictured in the photo of the grooming station also made by the Amish? Gorgeous!
Thank you. All doors were made by Freedom Wood Products, a local company who has been in business 100 years. They do great work and specialize in restoring woodwork in old historic houses. We are lucky they are near our new house. The doors are rustic hickory as well as the kitchen cabinets. The doors were pricey but I only have six doors in the house!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts