Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite part of a Havanese? I am torn between “soulful eyes” and “wiggly butt”, but I think “wiggly butt” is my favorite. There is nothing in this world cuter than a Havanese “wiggly butt”! Whenever we walk our dogs, I make sure and walk behind my husband walking Mia so that I can admire that cute butt of hers!!!!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,219 Posts
Adorable! ❤

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
What is your favorite part of a Havanese? I am torn between “soulful eyes” and “wiggly butt”, but I think “wiggly butt” is my favorite. There is nothing in this world cuter than a Havanese “wiggly butt”! Whenever we walk our dogs, I make sure and walk behind my husband walking Mia so that I can admire that cute butt of hers!!!!

View attachment 174076
Perry didn't have the "generous kisser" feature. In fact, it was only about a year ago (he's almost 5) that he even would lick your hand (unless it had food on it). I actually got my first face kiss 2 weeks ago - and that was more him being frantic sniffing my face and head (as he does).

So now I am trying to figure out if this is something that will be growing or if it's a very rare thing. If it's going to grow then I have to start working on "kiss" and "no kiss" commands because it's a behavior that I don't necessarily mind IF it's invited... not just because he wants to do it.

·
Owned by a Havallon
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perry didn't have the "generous kisser" feature. In fact, it was only about a year ago (he's almost 5) that he even would lick your hand (unless it had food on it). I actually got my first face kiss 2 weeks ago - and that was more him being frantic sniffing my face and head (as he does).

So now I am trying to figure out if this is something that will be growing or if it's a very rare thing. If it's going to grow then I have to start working on "kiss" and "no kiss" commands because it's a behavior that I don't necessarily mind IF it's invited... not just because he wants to do it.
I hate being kissed on the face or mouth by a dog! My dogs used to try this but I think they sensed I hate it so now they no longer try!

·
Member (Teresa)
698 Posts
Oh my gosh that is so cute! I have to say their cute little wiggly butts. I used to take JoJo's back legs out of his track suit when he was inside. Even when he hobbled his butt wiggled and the track suit legs would swish from side to side. Ed and I would crack up every time.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,219 Posts
I hate being kissed on the face or mouth by a dog! My dogs used to try this but I think they sensed I hate it so now they no longer try!
Only Pixel even TRIES to lick faces, and with her, it’s only if you sneeze! LOL!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Only Pixel even TRIES to lick faces, and with her, it’s only if you sneeze! LOL!
The time that Perry sort of licked my face was, I think, when he was using his tongue to "aid" his sniffing. As older members here might remember from other posts, Perry has a very peculiar need to frantically sniff your face and head when seeing one of his people after they've been absent (even if that absence is that he was in his crate for 10 minutes while you did something outside!) - the number of people he does this to right now is 2-3 :). Up until last month that sniffing might include the tongue flicking out (maybe he's part snake and needs the tongue to "smell"??) but it never touched you. Now, it sometimes does. I don't know if that's a deliberate "kiss" / licking OR if it's that his need to sniff has gotten more frantic post-lockdown (and having me around a lot more than before!) that the tongue flicks have also gotten more frantic and now hit the face at times.

Funny that Pixel does it if you sneeze. Perry doesn't care about that... but his funny reaction is when the phone rings - it's like he wants to be an alert service dog because when the phone rings he jumps up next to me (if he can) OR he runs to me and puts his feet on my leg as if trying to tell me that it's ringing :) (but only if it's in the same room - when the phone rings downstairs he doesn't seem to care). He's not running towards the ring, but is definitely running to me to let me know about it (or maybe for me to protect him from it??)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny that Pixel does it if you sneeze. Perry doesn't care about that... but his funny reaction is when the phone rings - it's like he wants to be an alert service dog because when the phone rings he jumps up next to me (if he can) OR he runs to me and puts his feet on my leg as if trying to tell me that it's ringing :) (but only if it's in the same room - when the phone rings downstairs he doesn't seem to care). He's not running towards the ring, but is definitely running to me to let me know about it (or maybe for me to protect him from it??)
Aww, either way, if he’s looking to protect you or vice versa, it’s very sweet and speaks to your bond. 😌

1 - 11 of 11 Posts