Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7 month old little girl and would love to meet other owners and their dogs in the SF Bay Area. This is my second Havanese.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 7 month old little girl and would love to meet other owners and their dogs in the SF Bay Area. This is my second Havanese.
Hello Rubysmom! We just were taken hostage a beautiful boy named Vinny. He’s 13 weeks old now, and just received his second set of Vaccines. We live in Portola Valley, near Stanford. Vinny would love to meet other Havanese. We are also looking for an excellent groomer!

2ABCB955-E6D2-42D9-8541-6DFB84C40216.jpeg

·
Arf! Arf! Super Moderator
3,455 Posts
There are about half dozen regular HF members who live in Bay area. I will let them identify themselves as they wish.

I live in Palm Springs area, so it would be a bit of a drive for us.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Hello Rubysmom! We just were taken hostage a beautiful boy named Vinny. He’s 13 weeks old now, and just received his second set of Vaccines. We live in Portola Valley, near Stanford. Vinny would love to meet other Havanese. We are also looking for an excellent groomer!

View attachment 174512
We have had the same groomer for eight years. She is a home groomer and is a perfectionist. She brings everything and only needs a sink or bathtub. I'll send you her contact information.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello! I’m in Berkeley with my almost 9 year old Hav, Charlie (and planning on adding a second within the next year). We used to go to a Havanese meet up in SF, but not sure if they still do it; we’ve been in the East Bay for 4 years. It was over in the small dog park near Embarcadero, and it was a lot of fun to see all that floof in one place. 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Rubysmom! We also live in the Bay Area, very close to Mark and Vinny. :)
Hi, I was hoping for some Havanese in the Bay Area. When Ruby & I walk, everyone thinks she is another breed, rarely have they heard of Havanese. So this is fun to know there are some. How old is yours? Ruby is now 10 months old, fully vaccinated and spayed. She loves to play with other dogs, however, she was charged by 2 dogs on our walk, the owner lost control, so I am afraid she's become somewhat hesitant, but is slowly returning to having more confidence. I'll check this forum from time to time to see if you ever are interested in a playdate. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ruby’s mom. I live in San Francisco.
Hi Bugsy's mom, so nice to hear from you. What a beautiful dog you have! I'll check here to see if and when you ever come down the peninsula and want a playdate. Thanks so much for reaching out.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,387 Posts
Hi Bugsy's mom, so nice to hear from you. What a beautiful dog you have! I'll check here to see if and when you ever come down the peninsula and want a playdate. Thanks so much for reaching out.
i would be happy to meet up. I have a bestie who lives in Burlingame.

·
Registered
31 Posts
We would like to wait a few weeks until Vinny has his 3rd set of Vaccinations… but yes! A gathering of Havanese.

by the way… if gatherings are as follows… a gaggle of geese, a pride of lions, and a murder of crows… what would you call a gathering of Havanese?

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,387 Posts
Hi, I was hoping for some Havanese in the Bay Area. When Ruby & I walk, everyone thinks she is another breed, rarely have they heard of Havanese. So this is fun to know there are some. How old is yours? Ruby is now 10 months old, fully vaccinated and spayed. She loves to play with other dogs, however, she was charged by 2 dogs on our walk, the owner lost control, so I am afraid she's become somewhat hesitant, but is slowly returning to having more confidence. I'll check this forum from time to time to see if you ever are interested in a playdate. Thanks!
We would like to wait a few weeks until Vinny has his 3rd set of Vaccinations… but yes! A gathering of Havanese.

by the way… if gatherings are as follows… a gaggle of geese, a pride of lions, and a murder of crows… what would you call a gathering of Havanese?
ClusterHav?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Wonderful, a Havanese Happening with Bugsy , Heather, Charlie, Vinny and Ruby, and any others that can join us. Sorry if I missed anyone on this discussion. Looks like date TBD, location TBD, time TBD and menu is clearly treats all around. This event can be for the Havs and Hav Nots (their other breed siblings). Let the cuteness begin, while thinking of how fun this will be. Vinny, we are counting on your Dad to let us know when you are ready .

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Hi! We live in San Ramon and would love to join the Hav party. Siena is 17 weeks and would love to make some new friends!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vinny finally had his last parvovirus and Rabies vaccine.

How about setting a Date for our San Francisco Bay Area gathering! I will start a new thread…

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Vinny finally had his last parvovirus and Rabies vaccine.

How about setting a Date for our San Francisco Bay Area gathering! I will start a new thread…
Hi Vinny's Dad, Ruby and I are excited that you are ready to meet. I live in a condo with a patio, not huge but it's on the water and would be happy to invite all the Havanese and their families over to meet and have puppy and grown up treats. I just don't know where else to meet that we could let them all run around off leash. So please all on this thread consider this invitation. As for a date I can throw out one to begin: how about Sunday August 1. Thanks so much Vinny's Dad for following up. This is too cute to imagine and I can't wait for it to happen.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts