Havanese Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
We’d love to join! Charlie had a back injury in may that he’s mostly recovered from, and hopefully he’d be up for that in a couple of weeks. He can still run and sniff, but no wrestling is in his future, sadly!

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
This is just a suggestion... I've never been to the ZOOM Room in Belmont, but they do have an area for rent. Friday is the only day it is available from morning to 7 PM. The area is available for one or two hours for parties which includes a gift packages and an agility trainer. There is a limit of 10 dogs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Boba (now 17 weeks) is vaxed and ready! We are in Fremont, so the Peninsula is convenient for us. We take her to Stanford Shopping Center regularly to meet people and dogs, but have never run into another Havanese. Can’t wait for a play date with other Havanese!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Vinny's Dad, Ruby and I are excited that you are ready to meet. I live in a condo with a patio, not huge but it's on the water and would be happy to invite all the Havanese and their families over to meet and have puppy and grown up treats. I just don't know where else to meet that we could let them all run around off leash. So please all on this thread consider this invitation. As for a date I can throw out one to begin: how about Sunday August 1. Thanks so much Vinny's Dad for following up. This is too cute to imagine and I can't wait for it to happen.
August 1st sounds Great! A closed in area where the kids can romp off leash sounds right. We have only a small patio behind our house, that would not serve a large number… and it might be best to meet in neutral territory… but I am not sure of the best venue. (Zoom is possible, I can look into that.) I would prefer an outdoor setting. Does anyone have any ideas for a large grassy fenced in outdoor space? There is an open grassy field at the Portola Valley Town Center… but it is often frequented by other dogs and their owners…

·
Registered
168 Posts
Berkeley and San Francisco both have fenced in ‘small dog only’ sections of dog parks: Ohlone park in Berkeley, and down by Embarcadero in SF. Of course they’re open to the public, but I went to some Havanese meet ups years ago at the SF one and it was great even though there were a few other small dogs! I know most of you are in the South Bay so not sure if there’s something like that down there?

·
Registered
30 Posts
How about this?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
How about this?

It has been several years since I've been there, but it's very small with no grass or trees. I've heard Foster City has a nice Dog Park. It does have artificial turf. Our neighborhood has a nice grassy park, but dogs must be leashed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This web page lists all the off leash dog parks within 20 miles of Portola Valley, including the Foster City park. I haven’t been to any of these. They come with descriptions and reviews. If the Foster City Park is acceptable, let’s go for it…

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Hi. I just joined the forum. I live in SF with my husband Jim and our 5 ½ month old Havanese puppy, Miss Minnie. She would love to meetup with some Havanese friends.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
We live in Bernal Hill and often go to Precita Park (not fenced though) and the Mission Bay Dog Park which is a really nice “grass” fenced in area for off-leash play. There are always a variety of other dogs there of varying sizes. There is another fenced dog park in Golden Gate Park.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
We’d love to join! Charlie had a back injury in may that he’s mostly recovered from, and hopefully he’d be up for that in a couple of weeks. He can still run and sniff, but no wrestling is in his future, sadly!
Sorry we will miss you, as we are out of town that day, but have a great time. Che is in Alamdea
I was just thinking...should we move the date forward a couple of weeks?
Both Newark and Foster City look good! I was just wondering if Portola Valley is off leash?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts