Havanese Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was just thinking...should we move the date forward a couple of weeks?
Both Newark and Foster City look good! I was just wondering if Portola Valley is off leash?
PV is an open grassy soccer field. There are dogs off leash there, but I m not sure that is wise. Newark looks best to me. I am open to other dates. Any Sunday works for me.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I'm retired so anytime works for me! Newark does look nice.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
It's a 40 minute drive for us but would try to make it - but can't do 8/1 or 8/8.
It's a bit of a drive for us too... I'm thinking of taking a drive over to Newark this week to check out the small dog side of the park. This is just a suggestion...maybe we should take a vote on which Sunday in August is best for everyone? Does someone know how to post the dates that can be checked off?

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a bit of a drive for us too... I'm thinking of taking a drive over to Newark this week to check out the small dog side of the park. This is just a suggestion...maybe we should take a vote on which Sunday in August is best for everyone? Does someone know how to post the dates that can be checked off?
It would be wonderful to have your first hand perspective on the NewBark park in Newark, Heather.

I just looked in the Forum’s FAQ‘s about how to post a poll. It does not appear difficult, but requires starting a new thread. Why date options should we consider?

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
It's very difficult to pick a day that works for everyone. Sunday would probably be a good day for most people. The poll could include Sunday's in August?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd be happy to check out the new dog park in Newark (this weekend). While I have seen many dog parks, I have never taken Boba to one, so not sure what to look for besides the obvious. Anything in particular I should look out for?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I created a doodle poll for us! Please select the dates and general time frames that work (I figured it would be easier to get time availability at the same time!)

https://doodle.com/poll/2yx5sdqwquaipaq5?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link

In terms of what to look for, I think the biggest things are whether dogs seem trained/under control, whether the small dog area is actually limited to small dogs, and how busy it is. A lot of small dogs get overwhelmed by bog dogs running fast/wrestling so the small dog areas are really helpful. But sometimes people don’t adhere to those rules and will be large breed puppies, for example, who still might be much stronger than a little Havanese!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I checked out Newbark dog park in Newark - twice this weekend.

People - friendly, paying attention to their dogs
Dogs - well-behaved, under control, no big dogs were in the small dog section
Parking - plenty
Facilities - tables are shaded, but the grass was damp with some puddles Sun 10:30 AM (sprinklers overnight?). At Sat 3 pm, however, the grounds were dry.

Newbark Dog Park Sun AM.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Thank-you Ann for taking your time to check out the Newbark Dog Park twice! 😃 It looks great! Not too many dogs considering it was the weekend. It's nice that it has grass and not artificial turf. We have artificial turf in our backyard which can get too warm for little paws. 🐶

41 - 55 of 55 Posts