Havanese Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really thinking about entering Princess in the show in March that's going on close by. I know she's not ready, but I figured we had to start somewhere, and that would be the best training for both of us.

I am a little concerned though, because her hair on her tail always looks sparse, compared to the rest of her body. I always see pics of Hav's with this great thick, full of hair, tail.. and Princess' is far off from that.

I know I saw some shampoo I can use for that (I'm thinking plush puppy) but wasn't sure if there is anything else I can do for it.

I figured this was the place to ask.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
When I groom out yoda he looks his best the day after with nice full coat and it looks real fluffly and full when I blow dry him he hates it but that is ok Yoda tail dont look they way I like but some just dont get the real nice tails..Do you blow dry you hav?? I brush him out while I blow dry him with a pin brush with out the little round balls on the bristles.and I go the oppiste way his hair growns I do the line type brushing little by little and let me say Yoda coat looks really full when I do it this way Kinda of like a fluff ball lol he has the silky coat with the wavy coat his chest is more wavy than the rest of his coat,.Hope this gave you an Idea Susan

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,358 Posts
Jodi,

I am not sure which shampoo is best, but washing and blow drying Princess the day of or before the show sounds about right. :) Bugsy always looks best the day I wash and blow dry him. He is also not crazy about the dryer, but he is getting much better every time.

Bugsy started out with rather fine hair on his body and his tail was just pittyful. Well that is all changing rather quickly. His coat got much better at about 6 months (he is now 7 1/2 months) and his tail is getting to be just beautiful and real fluffy. I think he may now have his adolescent coat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts