Havanese Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Barney's Mom
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,

My vet dispenses Vectra only now and I have always used Frontline on Barney (with no apparent discomfort to him)....Vectra on the other hand - WOW - he tries to reach the 3 areas on his back where it was applied according to their instructions and so today I gave him a bath.

We have a few ticks around our area of MN, but have seen fleas on Barney only when we winter in FL....

What do you all use on your dogs?

Thanks,

Marge

·
Teresita
1,534 Posts
I had use Vectra on Ache twice, since she was 10 weeks, without problems nor any discomfort for her. But every dog is different... Why did the vet make the change from Frontline? Maybe you should go back to Frontline next month. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yes, that is what my vet dispenses. It is "supposed" to be safer and gentler than frontline and some of the other products. However, my dog is having issues (I posted in another thread about this) and I suspect she would be reacting the same to the other products. I am just at a loss at this point. We have hot and humid weather and lots of trees and bugs so I need to do something.

andra

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I use Comfortis for Abby. It is in pill form and eliminates putting liquid on that gets into their hair making a mess. It is not supposed to work for ticks but we have them around here and Abby hasn't had one since we've been using this (and we have wooded property all around us). We haven't seen a flea in the two years that we've been using Comfortis.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My vet gave me Vecta for the cat. He said that frontline and advantage are not working as well now. the fleas have gotten immune to it. I use comfortis on Rosie

·
Sooo Smart
3,551 Posts
I use Comfortis on Cicero and no problems. I love that I don't have to apply something to his back because of the mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts