Havanese Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry that posted before I was done- basically my pup’s gums and teeth are not symmetrical and he’s got a groove on his gum between his front teeth and right canine (see pic) while on the other side there’s no groove but more space for the lower canine. I’m assuming it’s a normal variation but would love any insight! He has a scissor bite on the other side but not this side. The vet previously said his teeth aren’t perfectly aligned but seem functional, but I hadn’t noticed the gum issue until later, so just wondering if anyone has seen this before.

·
Metrowest, MA
30,820 Posts
It's hard to see what you are trying to show us, and if his mouth is not symmetrical, it's not "normal". But that doesn't mean it's not "functional", either. If you have more questions, I think I'd ask the vet again, and if he's not sure, or you aren't sure about his answer, get an appointment with a veterinary dentist.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding! I will ask next time Sunny is at the vet. They seem to think I’m too anxious when I try to make an appointment about his teeth if he doesn’t have problems eating. Just to clarify my question, I’m attaching a marked up photo with an arrow pointing to the indentation in the gum between the teeth, which is different from his other side which is smooth there. I’m hoping this is nothing of concern even if it’s not totally normal.
Organism Finger Natural material Creative arts Nail

1 - 7 of 7 Posts