Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nala and Blitz, the Tibetean Terrier, opened the locked garbage and ate a roast chicken carcass. I am worried sick! The vet had me feed them pasta and olive oil to coat their stomachs. Please pray for them and keep them in your thoughts!

Annie
 

·
Teresita
Joined
·
1,534 Posts
Oh... I can imagine how nervous you are feeling. I hope everything will be OK. :)
 
Joined
·
3,646 Posts
Oh, wow, I certainly hope Nala and Blitz will be OK. Stinkers. Always have to be three steps ahead of them. :frusty: Will keep you in my thoughts too, and I hope everything passes through OK.
 

·
Metrowest, MA
Joined
·
26,647 Posts
Keep us posted on how they are doing. As a first time dog owner, this is the hardest thing to deal with... the fact that they seem to eat ANYTHING... with no regards to their innards!
 

·
Gucci's mom
Joined
·
9,378 Posts
I am SO sorry to hear this! :(

If it makes you feel any better, I had a similar scare last Spring at my son's Graduation party, Grilled chicken was on the caterer's menu and some of my lovely guests threw their carcass bones in my yard and when I noticed Gucci hadn't been by my side, guess where I found her? :( I don't know how many she ate, but I know she had some, but it all turned out okay and she wasn't hurt by the bones.

Keep us posted!
Kara
 

·
Julie
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
This is so scary. I hope that Nala and Blitz are ok. I have a friend whose dog snatched a chicken carcass off the counter. She was suggested by her vet to do the same-overfeed (I think it was rice). The dog was fine, although she said it took a few days to move through her system.
 

·
"I AM the Brute Squad"
Joined
·
2,175 Posts
Years and years ago, our mutt helped himself to an entire pan of brownies. It was a Pyrex pan and, of course, shattered. We came home to no brownies, broken glass, and blood everywhere. He cut his tongue while chowing down.

Our vet had us feed him half a loaf of Wonder bread. The thought behind it was that the bread would encapsulate any glass he may had eaten.

He was perfectly fine. No reactions to the chocolate or the glass. Thank goodness.

I hope your beasties are feeling okay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
Oh No! That sounds like something my Hav & TT (aka Double Trouble) would get into.
Praying all is ok, and that nothing serious comes from the incident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,335 Posts
I hope your pups come through this fine. Boy how dogs love to chow down on our trash. We have a neighbor who labs regularly samples everyones trash on trash day. He sometimes runs off with stuff to eat at home I guess. As for the neighbor he thinks its fine, if his boy finds some extras!!! Thinking of you and the co conspirators.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Those little stinkers! The things they do just scares the life out of you doesn't it. Praying all will be well with both of them and your nerves settle down (just waiting for the next adventure).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,794 Posts
I will keep them in my prayers! Gosh that is so scary! And I bet that they were happy clams afterwards!!!!
 

·
Dave T
Joined
·
10,876 Posts
So far nothing to report. We all just ate another bowl of pasta together.
That's good Annie. Here is what Sabine said. " If the dog is unwilling to eat anything, or seems lethargic, take them to the vet *immediately*, they need help much faster than just helping things pass though." Don't forget to fix that door. LOL Oh yeah , you might want to also try the old reliable canned pumpkin ,she mentioned. She also mentioned an old vet recommendation but I'm not comfortable recommending it. What did you vet say about coming in anyway. ?
 

·
Metrowest, MA
Joined
·
26,647 Posts
So far nothing to report. We all just ate another bowl of pasta together.
So frustrating... I'm sure part of you (the part that's not having a nervous breakdown!) want to knock their heads together while they are snarfing down another bowl of pasta. (Oh look! Mommy made us GOODIES for dinner!:pound:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this; I am praying, too!

I unfortunately have been down a similar road before as Dionna, my havanese, has a tendency to put anything and everything in her mouth. She has gotten a lot better since she has turned one but I have had so many worried moments during her puppyhood including emergency vet trips to the all night ER, canned pumpkin stock piling, poop scrutiny and worry. It is so hard to cope with the antics of our furbabies.

I know you will keep us posted and we will all continue to pray for the best.

andra
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top