Havanese Forum banner

When it comes to birthday parties for dogs:

• I go all out! Dogs get fancier birthday celebrations than my (spouse, kids, etc.)

• I get the dog a few special treats and call it good

• Birthday parties for dogs? Is that really a thing?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Scout's 10th birthday was yesterday! I almost forgot! He did get some new treats. Scout's pretty pampered everyday! 😄
Perry's was in April ... I remembered it before (in a "wow he'll be 6 soon" sort of way) but actually forgot on the day :) I didn't actually get any new treats, but that's mostly because I generally buy things when I see them rather than waiting for a special occasion :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
Shadow's special treat is attention. I tell everyone we meet on walks and he is in his glory with extra pats and attention from his people. I do everything I can that makes him happy that day especially.
One of my dogs I had a party at the dog park for his neighborhood friends, about 12 of them. They played off leash for a change and enjoyed special treats from the dog bakery. The humans enjoyed a cake that was made to resemble a laying down version of him. There were probably about 25 humans there. He loved it and knew it was his special day.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Boo will be 20 in October. So, it is a big deal birthday. However, we will have to see, if he is up for a party or just wants to snooze and play his puzzle games. We have been doing birthday giving instead of presents this year. So far, we have donated to about a dozen different animal welfare organizations.

Even if we forego any big festivities, I did find a bakery that will produce an authentic sacher-torte (yum).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Boo will be 20 in October. So, it is a big deal birthday. However, we will have to see, if he is up for a party or just wants to snooze and play his puzzle games. We have been doing birthday giving instead of presents this year. So far, we have donated to about a dozen different animal welfare organizations.

Even if we forego any big festivities, I did find a bakery that will produce an authentic sacher-torte (yum).
20!??! That's amazing!

Life is short, and the pup's lives are even shorter - no reason not to celebrate every birthday with a gusto. ❤

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I try to remember to post when Willow's birthday comes up but I completely forgot this year. She turned 8 about a month ago. We really don't celebrate as she doesn't need any more treats nor toys. She'll get new toys at Christmas, but that's about it. I also try and remember her gotcha day which comes about a month before her birthday. I think I actually remembered to make a post about that special day, but not her birthday.

·
Premium Member
5,065 Posts
I try to remember to post when Willow's birthday comes up but I completely forgot this year. She turned 8 about a month ago. We really don't celebrate as she doesn't need any more treats nor toys. She'll get new toys at Christmas, but that's about it. I also try and remember her gotcha day which comes about a month before her birthday. I think I actually remembered to make a post about that special day, but not her birthday.
Happy Belated Birthday sweet Willow! 💝

·
Metrowest, MA
30,816 Posts
I remember ABOUT when we got Kodi and Panda, but not the specific day. It's EASY to remember Pixel's "gotcha" day, because it is ALSO Kodi's birthday... I am NOT sure that was Kodi's favorite birthday present! LOL! And, of course, in Ducky's case, both "gotcha" and "birth" days are the same, and ETCHED into my memory, because it was quite dramatic and and a little traumatic! ;)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Charlie’s 10th bday is coming up on Sunday, and we plan to go to his favorite place in the world (Crissy Field Beach in SF) and he’ll probably get some special treats, but we’ll see exactly what. We did to a first birthday party, but that was mostly bc his best puppy friend was the same age, and lived downstairs from us…. So it was more of an excuse for the humans to have a bbq in the shared yard!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
DS and Sundance have the same birthday. We have little family traditions with presents and cake but it’s usually a more of a family thing except for a few milestone years for birthday parties. Usually we do a treat of some kind and a present for Sundance separately from DS’s birthday dinner and presents, before bed. The present is usually something dog related that he won’t really care about, like a bed or harness, but I wrap it so he can open it and play with the wrapping paper, which is his favorite. He gets a lot of toys during the year so wrapping paper is more of a special event. He also gets special playtime and treats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts