Havanese Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Thanks for the link - altho I still don't like the look it is a much better pix then what we saw during the show- and you can see how cute he is under that mop!!

Olliesmom

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Olliesmom,
You were right the first time, he wasn't that cute. I actually got to pet him, so I was close enough to tell.

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,359 Posts
I just don't find a corded Hav all that appealing. He looks too much like a Puli and not enough like a Hav.

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Yuk, I had not seen a picture close up till now, he looks like he hasnt been brushed his entire life. I know that the judging is not just "looks" but Jeez!!!

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Oh now,BE NICE!The corded hav is it's own look;) ....if you read the book"The Havanese"there is a whole chapter on cording in it.It even says that this is it's natural look.Think about it....if you don't groom this dog religiously on a daily basis,when they are in full coat,you will have mats.Mats are what cords are....just alittle more organized.They say,(in the book)a corded hav is alot easier to take care of as long as you keep them dry.I'm not sure I want to try it,but that IS what the book says!:)

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Im not big on the cords either. And keep them dry???? HAHAHA
I think thats very funny. My two are always getting into messes. And Im not
sure they get bathed a lot. Seems like they would get smelly.

Im pretty sure the judge had placed this dog a few times in the past so he was familiar with it and obvioulsy liked it. I guess to each his own....I just loved the nicely groomed look the others had out there. Such pretty dogs!

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Oh Yes,Melissa......I agree.....there were very pretty dogs out there.I can only hope Quince will end up looking half that good!;)
Your "Stogie"is very beautiful.....I think I saw him struttin his stuff in the video from Westminster.Hey,how about telling us some of your tips and tricks for the way you photograph your dogs?:D

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Julie I love the way Melissa takes her picture they are wonderfull I wish I could take them of Yoda like that Melissa onlys captures that great look!! :) would love to know her secrete.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Boy, this BOB winner has really caused a lot of discussion about the different coats on Havs. :eek: I was curious, because of the difference in my pups, so I took out Kodi's pedigree, and started checking out his line on the web.

On his sire's side, most of the dogs had the silky type of coat. On the dam's side, they were mostly wavy types of coats. Kodi's mother was wavy. Even though when I saw her she was cut very short, you could still see waves. One of Kodi's sisters had beautiful black, shiny curls.

So, I guess Kodi got a bit of both types, with a little more from his mom. But at least now I know why he looks this way.

I can't wait to get Shelby's pedigree so I can check her out, too.

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
My mom saw the video, and said "did the winner have braids or bad tangles?"

I think a lot of people just dont get cords. But as far cords go, Im sure those were very nice ones. Its just hard for people on tv/video to tell when they are not used to seeing corded dogs.

Oh and Ill start a thread on how I take photos. Really no big secrets, yall make me laugh! Just determined.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Melissa...thanks to your post,I got a big laugh today!:D LOL!Your Mom!How funny and cute was that!:D "bad tangles! I love it!!!!

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
it definitely is BAD TANGLES!:D LOL!

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
They had a good luck thread for Stogie on a photography forum Im on. Someone asked if he won. A girl replied, NO unless Stogie has dreadlocks.
HAHA I thought that was funny. I was picturing a Jamacian Stogie with sunglasses, dreadlocks, and I guess his name Stogie would have ALL its meanings. hehe

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
That would be funny Melissa.......but I'd keep his gorgeous hair as is....buy the boy a toupee'......!:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts