Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today, Boo went for a recheck of his ear mass. Unfortunately, yesterday, the mass ruptured again and started bleeding. His vet told me that she did not believe we would see any resolution without removal of the mass.

So, Boo is scheduled to have quick laser surgery next Wednesday. The vet told me she could perform the procedure with a local and a mild sedative (Valium administered 1-2 hours before the procedure). We will have the mass sent to a lab for biopsy, though I was told it is not likely to be malignant.

Please wish Boo well next Wednesday. I hope this resolves things.

He also has workup for his new heart murmur (Stage 2) scheduled on 10/21. So, we have a lot of vet visits this month.

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Awww, Poor Boo!!! Feel better young man!!!

Reactions: BoosDad

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Boo will be in my thoughts... Hoping he recovers quickly! Sending hugs 🥰

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just left Boo with the vet. They should be doing surgery in about 45 minutes. Vet said she would call about 10 am. Just relaxing at cafe with glass of OJ.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Boo arrived home about 1 pm. He tolerated his surgery well, according to the vet. She thinks she got the entire mass, which she sent out for a biopsy. Boo has three pink sutures on the top of his left ear. He told me he would have preferred blue, since that is his favorite color. However, I am just happy that he tolerated the procedure. I must say that he was extremely vocal for about 30 minutes after getting home. Fortunately, he is resting now, after peeing and eating 4 cookies.

Sutures don’t come out for two weeks. So he has to wear a donut collar for now.

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Good boy Boo! Feel better and heal quickly!!! 💕

Reactions: BoosDad

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Boo has been doing well so far. He had a drink and a little bit to eat about an hour ago. I just took him out to potty, and everything looks good. He is back resting on the floor in his big bed. He seems content and not bothered by the stitches.

I think I will have to scale back his birthday celebration, as his stitches are not coming out til the 27th.

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Good to hear Boo is doing great after his surgery! Feel better soon sweet boy, 🥰

·
Metrowest, MA
29,178 Posts
Boo wouldn't mind waiting an extra few days for his birthday celebration!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts