Havanese Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yes, I just took that picture before my post. I’m glad to hear that Boo is not the only Havanese, who does not like being held. It is a rare occasion, when he will stay in a lap for more than a minute or two. My mother says that Boo is very independent.
Perry has never been a super cuddler but tolerated being held (though was super squirmy when he wanted to get down so I always had to hold his harness as well). But, after being on restriction for so many months and therefore spending a lot of that time being held (carried up/ down stairs, held when we were downstairs with cousin Finley, and sometimes held on the bed when he wanted to jump), he's become more tolerant and will allow it more than he did before. When we're downstairs and Fin is bothering him, he'll even request being picked up and relaxes as you're holding him then.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
From ShamaPapa:

Her Royal Highness has just recently found the gloriousness of green beans. They were suggested by the vet to help keep her weight under control (she gained a little more than a pound during the pandemic lockdown and is now on a stricter diet). She cannot get enough of them. She likes carrots too, just in smaller, less regular amounts. But she very unladylike snarfs green beans.
Perry loves his fruit and veggies. His favorite used to be snow peas - but haven't had good ones around in a while so he hasn't had them. Lately it's been apples and tomatoes, but he'll eat almost anything except leafy greens (he doesn't see the point - probably because they don't have much of a scent). And broccoli he prefers the stems to the florets (he'll eat a few pieces of the florets but then leaves them)

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
From ShamaPapa:

Her Royal Highness has just recently found the gloriousness of green beans. They were suggested by the vet to help keep her weight under control (she gained a little more than a pound during the pandemic lockdown and is now on a stricter diet). She cannot get enough of them. She likes carrots too, just in smaller, less regular amounts. But she very unladylike snarfs green beans.
My previous dog hated green beans. We were living in Azerbaijan at the time so I had to make her food and usually added green bean to it - so she would pick them all out... and then, when she was done, if she was really hungry, she MIGHT eat them, but often wouldn't :). I'm going to have to try them with perry though I suspect he'll like them fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts