Havanese Forum banner
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Sunday Morning Update - Houston: We have an eater. Yes, Boo ate all his dinner last night and was in bed by midnight. He slept til 4:30 am, when he needed a drink and potty. Then, he was back to bed til 10:45 am. After getting up to drink, pee, and poop, he anxiously awaited his puzzle game with treats.
Dog Carnivore Textile Dog breed Companion dog

·
Registered
620 Posts
Sunday Morning Update - Houston: We have an eater. Yes, Boo ate all his dinner last night and was in bed by midnight. He slept til 4:30 am, when he needed a drink and potty. Then, he was back to bed til 10:45 am. After getting up to drink, pee, and poop, he anxiously awaited his puzzle game with treats. View attachment 176251
Oh Boo, what are you doing to us…we’re all going to feel older than you are soon! Brings a (happy) tear to my eye watching you enjoy your puzzle treats😍🥰. Keep up the good work😊

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Monday Update - Last night, Boo ate his dinner and was in bed by 11 pm. He slept until 5:15 am before needing to potty. At 6:30, he also decided that he needed to go back outside after getting a drink. It is almost 7 am now, and he is back in bed (sound asleep).

Tomorrow, he has a grooming appointment at 8:30 am. Hopefully, it goes well.

Below is an old snapshot of Boo from 7 years ago, a flashback to younger years.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grey Working animal

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Tuesday Afternoon Update - Boo made it to the groomer this morning without any problems. He was a very good boy at the groomer. He smells nice and clean now. He was noisy on the way home, prompting me to feed him an endless supply of cookies to stay quiet.

After we arrived home, it was out to potty. Boo ate his lunch and played DogSmart. Now, he is snuggled in his bed for a snooze. I set up the baby monitor. So, I
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Road surface Grey
Dog Road surface Asphalt Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Plant Felidae
can keep tabs on him easily.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
You are such a good boy, Boo! Thank you, BoosDad, for keeping us updated.

Shama has enjoyed a couple of evenings with her horse hoof. It's the only one she's ever had, so it's many years old. I suppose someone will tell us to get rid of it at this point as maybe it's too brittle, but we put a little food in it, and it keeps her busy. It stops her from playing the "in and out game." We get tired of her scratching to go outside only to not actually go or to go out to bark at the neighbor dogs ...

Looking forward to reading more about sweet Boo!

💛 💚 🧡 💜 💙

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
You are such a good boy, Boo! Thank you, BoosDad, for keeping us updated.

Shama has enjoyed a couple of evenings with her horse hoof. It's the only one she's ever had, so it's many years old. I suppose someone will tell us to get rid of it at this point as maybe it's too brittle, but we put a little food in it, and it keeps her busy. It stops her from playing the "in and out game." We get tired of her scratching to go outside only to not actually go or to go out to bark at the neighbor dogs ...

Looking forward to reading more about sweet Boo!

💛 💚 🧡 💜 💙
Boo thanks you and gives a shout out to HRH Shama (not sure if that is correct royal protocol). There will be more posts to come.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Wednesday Afternoon Update - Boo did great last night. He ate his supper and was in bed by 11 pm. He slept until 4 am before needing to go out. Although he declined breakfast, he played his puzzle game for treats and ate a little chicken breast. He is sleeping now, and I have to take my mother to the dentist. Hopefully, he will be ok for 2 hours by himself. I will monitor on my phone and run home if anything amiss. Fingers crossed that he has no problems.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Wednesday Night Update - Tonight was another successful evening. Boo ate before 10:30 pm, went potty, and got into bed before 11 pm. He is now sleeping quietly. It was just two weeks ago that my Boo went into the hospital. I am so happy that he has recovered so well and so quickly. It makes me realize that the king’s ransom for years of good veterinary care, high quality food, weekly grooming, daycare, and training was worth every dollar. My life has been much richer because of Boo.

His groomer even remarked that she has never seen such a beautiful coat on such an elderly dog. Folks regular and consistent grooming is so important for maintaining good health.
Dog Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Carnivore Whiskers

·
Registered
379 Posts
I haven‘t visited a while and was quite sad to have seen the posts that he was dealing with some health issues but so thrilled to see he is bouncing back. I always appreciate your posts on the amazing Boo and your wisdom as a dog owner! ❤

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Thursday Night Update - Boo had a great day, and continues to do well. Last night, he slept 5 hours without waking to go out. Hope, we can get that to 6 -7 hours next week. Then, he will be back to his pre hospitalization baseline. Regardless, as long as we don’t have any significant set backs, I am happy.

Boo is still snoozing now but should be waking up shortly for medication and something to eat.
Carnivore Grey Felidae Comfort Fawn

101 - 120 of 139 Posts