Havanese Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get home from work at about 1pm and the pups are so excited. We play awhile, and then I start to fix lunch. To keep them busy, I fill up their Kong toys with freeze dried beef liver. Well, today I heard this noise coming from the living room. When I went to see what it was, Kodi was tossing the Kong toy up in the air to knock the treats out when it hit the floor.

They are the smartest dogs ever!!! :D

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Bet that was really cute!:D Isn't it amazing what they come up with?:) My guy has thrown a toy up in the air,and just watched it land,over and over...he's silly!!:D

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
I say that they are really smart, but it is like they are smart with things they want to be smart with.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
Yes,isn't that the truth?!:) You can practice something simple over and over,but the ornary thing they can do just lickety-split!:p Quincy will not go "down" ,but he can go up really good...especially if there is something stinky in that garbage can!:D He won't bring back a toy,but he'll retrieve something gross from the bathroom and bring it right to ya:eek: ....just like a pro!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Julie, So true!! They seem to love the yukky things in the garbage.
Funny story, 1 1/2 years ago my husband & I decided we wanted to go to Hershey for the weekend. My two boys always went with us, but my 18 year old decided he wanted to stay at home & go to work. We were a little nervous but trusted him (such idiots we were!!) He had two parties at the house but when we arrived home on Sunday, the house was all cleaned up with no obvious evidence of a party. We later in the day discovered food missing, ciggie butts outside (we dont smoke) and worst of all, Lexi raided the upstairs bathroom garbage & came down with a used condom - much to her pleasure - and our disgust!! I dont think I was ever as mad at him as I was that day. But Lexi was happy with her "trophy" and mad that we took it away.

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
That is funny!He was caught!:D LOL!Quincy likes maxi pads.....enough said!:eek:

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
yEA, HE WAS CAUGHT!! Now he never gets to be left alone in the house, and if we go away while he is at college, we dont tell him we are going -:D
After that incident, all my garbage cans were changed to high ones with a swing top!!

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
Yes, it is,although I am glad I have boys. I dont know if I could handle a girl at that stage!! My husband & I say to each other, when we are dealing with the teenagers "if we knew how easy dogs were, we would never have had kids, just dogs." My kids are GREAT, but trying sometimes!

·
Quincy's Mom-Vinnie too!
9,923 Posts
I have 3 kids.....son18,daughter15,son6
What one doesn't think of,the other does!:rolleyes:
My daughter hasn't got her feet wet yet,but I'm trying to tell her the best kind of boys are the hairy ones with 4 legs,that only bark occasionally.So far,she's convinced(I hope):D or at least entertaining me:p ...lol!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, so maybe the bragging was a little premature :rolleyes:
Caught Kod standing in front of the diswasher (it has a black front) just watching the dog on the other side :p

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Go ahead and brag Irnfit. we all love the stories. Jasper hasn't figured out to toss the Kong and he is over a year. But he does bark at his reflection in the glass fireplace door.

Laurie, how cool that Lexi is your personal private detective- your son didn't even know you had a spy in the house. LOL. Missy

·
Izzy, Doc, and Kai's mom
2,349 Posts
It does get better...our son used to have parties on occassion when we left him at home...he was 20 before we ever gave him a shot at being responsible. Right....the beer can under the couch cushion, the otherwise clean house, and the ripped screen on the front window were dead giveaways. Funny thing was, we couldn't figure out the rip on the screen until we decided it came from the back window where the deck chairs are. He thought he'd switch screens and we'd never notice! To bad his dad is a retired trooper and mom an ex-deputy!! When he got a little older, his parties died down to a few friends over to grill steaks and play pool. Now if we could just get him to move out....

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
MIssy - Yes, Lexi is my little detective. She is such a good & gentle dog - now the big thing is he wants to move Off campus next year. Its gonna be real fun watching him when we tell him NO. I have to say that my pups do new an funny things every day. What a joy this breed is!!
How exciting to be able to feel Dizzy's puppies!!!!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
It does get better...our son used to have parties on occassion when we left him at home...he was 20 before we ever gave him a shot at being responsible. Right....the beer can under the couch cushion, the otherwise clean house, and the ripped screen on the front window were dead giveaways. Funny thing was, we couldn't figure out the rip on the screen until we decided it came from the back window where the deck chairs are. He thought he'd switch screens and we'd never notice! To bad his dad is a retired trooper and mom an ex-deputy!! When he got a little older, his parties died down to a few friends over to grill steaks and play pool. Now if we could just get him to move out....
So this is what we have to look forward to, eh?! :rolleyes: Our oldest will be 17 on the 12th and wants a party next week. sigh....... Mind you, at this age, we are still home when these events happen. I can't wait for the first "my parents are gone" party!!!! :eek:

How wonderful that you felt Dizzy's pups!!! Wow.

Kodi is adorable and learning all kinds of new things. It's great hearing about them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts