Havanese Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I am considering buying a Havanese from Honor Havanese. The woman who owns the puppies is Elizabeth Chiguina. She seems lovely, but there is not much information about her.

I see someone else recently asked about the same breeder and I am wondering if we are talking about the same puppy. I am new to the forum and unable to post a message to her.

I WANT TO PUBLICLY APOLOGIZE TO HONOR HAVANESE. I WAS QUICK TO JUDGE HER AND THE MISUNDERSTANDING WAS ON MY PART.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Honor Havanese is Jennifer Manders. She has five male puppies that were recently born. She also seems to have an older puppy she purchased from another breeder to show, then decided not to. The other puppies on her site are not hers, but she'll post puppies from breeders she recommends, and seem to be ones in which the sire or dam belong or were bred by her. You can contact Jennifer for any puppies on her site.

I have zero experience with her, but I know two people from the dog park with five puppies (three and two) they got from her. They're all happy, healthy and beautiful, and though I don't know if it was their preference to get a small dog, the dogs I've met are all on the smaller side.

EDIT: she seems to have taken Dory, the dog Tweety got, off the site.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi There

I am that other guy :wink2:

I am buying another puppy Dory from her. While I could not find any information online her reference to Honor Havanese and AKC registered breeder status was little assuring.

She is always prompt in responding (most prompt in all breeders I contacted including all famous ones) and I am going by my gut feel based on my experience when I met her in person.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dory is Stormy/Bandit Girl?

Tweety is Smokey/Bandit girl. when did you get her? Did you go to Bette's and pick her up?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me too. After speaking with Tweety (our dogs share the same sire, I think) the dams are named Stormy and Smokey, so I almost got the wrong puppy. Here is a picture of my yet-unnamed pupppy:

Hang on. Photo ICloud is driving me nuts. Picture pending.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm pretty sure you both got pups from the same litter. I don't think Tweety's name has anything to do with the pup he got if Dory. Smokey is the dam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say hi! We have a home in Inverness. When we're up there and we want some "big city life" we usually end up driving to Ocala, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts