Havanese Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have notice on Yoda his skin where the white is some parts are black does that mean he will be black where the skin is black at.And his white is changing to like a dirty white(Cream) just on different areas.I have heard that they do change colors but what degree do they change Susan

·
Registered
847 Posts
He is probably what is called a 'belton'. Black and white parti beltons will get black hair growing where those black spots are on his skin. The overall effect looks sort of salt and peppery, with some parts still having solid black or solid white hair, too.
I'm sure someone else can explain it alot better than I can, though.
Dawna

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
It sounds like Yoda has the Belton gene, which is described on the link that Paige/reece gave you as "ticking". I have two dogs with ticking/Belton. Watch and you'll probably find more of the freckles ("ticking") appear as Yoda ages.

Enjoy!

Havanese are great for color changes. The more I learn, the more amusing it gets.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If that is what he is then he will look like a skunk LOL it gos right up his back .I am going to a trail show this weekend I am kinda of excited about that never been to one we will see how that turns out.

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
If anyone took photos of Razzle (owned by Tom & Pam King) or Bandit (owned by Jan & Steve Smith) at the National Specialty, you can get a good look at a Belton Hav in their mature stage.

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be nice.I know that one the crested they change colors too Dee Dee she was black and when she became a adult then she was all white with a slight undercoat of black .She was a puff .She was recently put down due to cancer it was very sad But my parents do still have one left but she is a hair less she is one of a kind that is for sure I dont normally care for the hairless but this one I just love Hopefully I can see what a belton looks like as an adult

1 - 8 of 8 Posts