Havanese Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago, I saw a statue of a dachshund inside someone’s house. It was standing on its hind legs with its front paws on the ledge of a window, and, from a distance, it really looked like a little dog looking out the window.

Ever since we got Shama, I’ve wanted a statue like that.

Now that I’m on Instagram, looking at almost nothing but Havanese, I see all the advertisements geared toward dog lovers. I had birthday money from DH’s parents, and I was planning on spending it on a dog class, but then I thought, wait a second, a photo pillow might be even better than a statue …

So here’s the pillow DH’s parents gave me for my birthday. After I take down the Christmas stuff, I’ll take a photo of it looking out the window and post it in this thread.

They don’t have the technology to print two different pictures on a custom pillow, so the same photo is on both sides. This is kind of creepy until you realize that you normally only see one side of a pillow at a time. I can imagine the other side is Shama’s front.

And DH pointed out that the wrong side of the pillow is showing in these photos. It’s the mirror image of Shama’s coloring. I’ll fix that for the next photos.

After the photo shoot, Shama promptly attacked her pillow.

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
26,723 Posts
Absolutely adorable!!!

Reactions: JaJa and ShamaMama

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I LOVE it! I’ve been laying out a design for a much lower tech Havanese inspired pillow, with representations of the different color combinations, for ages. This is so cute, it represents Shama’s personality in such a cute way! I think I’m ready to switch gears and do this! Where did you find it? Is it actually Shama’s photo printed as a mirror?

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The company is called All About Vibe.

You submit a photo, and they put the same image on both sides of the custom-made pillow. The photo I used had a little curve to the left (scoliosis?). Since the pillow is asymmetrical, in order for them to put the same image on both side, they had to use the mirror image on one side.

You can use any picture of your dog. In a lot of the reviews, people said they regularly had double takes, thinking it was actually their dog!

·
Member (Teresa)
663 Posts
You are hilarious! Ed and I had a good laugh and now we want one, or maybe 3😆 You have quite the photogenic princess👑

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that I've finally taken down the Christmas tree (don't judge!) I was able to take pictures of Shama and her little friend looking out the front window ...

Attachments

·
Metrowest, MA
26,723 Posts
Adorable!

Reactions: ShamaMama
1 - 11 of 11 Posts