Havanese Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
I agree. Since I STRONGLY recommend potty box training, I would be picking up the puppy and transporting to a litter box. No need for any "clothes." When I DID take Ducky out, first thing in the morning, because he already did know about outdoor pottying, because I had started the litter on it, I would pop in into an ex-pen set up on the grass. Same thing. No need for a collar or harness. he was contained and couldn't wander. Limited distractions, too.

I wish I'd thought of putting up an ex-pen for pottying my older ones outdoors as puppies, actually! It made things VERY easy!!! I had started it with the litter to keep them contained, and just continued it with Ducky once the others left!
I did the outdoor x-pen with Jo based on your recommendation and it was AMAZING. When she was a little pup with no attention span, it really helped differentiate potty time from play time…. She was put in there to potty, and could come out to play after she was done. She is now super speedy with pottying in our back yard— she runs out there quickly, and almost exclusively goes in the spot where we had the x-pen (which is what we’d hoped).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts