Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would start this thread because Friday evening, when I was bathing Oreo I noticed he is greying all over his little body! His face is getting lighter in some parts too. I find this is really exciting - as if owning a Hav wasn't already. :D

I am just wondering if any of you noticed any colour changes in your Havs. Where some subtle, drastic? Just curious, so I figured why not start a thread about it. :D

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is so neat!! It's already wonderful having Oreo in our life, but its also neat to anticipate his coat changes! Thank you all for your replies, I find this quality in the havanese so interesting! It will be neat to see how all the new pups in this forum change over time :)

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Oh yes, they change all the time! If you see the thread about Stogie, I posted his pics, he is so dark and gold as a puppy and now he is really silver. But he is still keeping some of his dark and caramel. I swear every week he looks different. I love it!

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It amazes me!! BTW, that website is so neat my family was really surprised :) Melissa, Stogie is a cutie and good luck at Westminster :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Alliosn was nearly black with cream feet when I brought her home at nearly 9 weeks. Today at 10 months she is a beautiful pewter with much more cream on her feet, chest and face. It is such fun watching her change. Her coat is getting really thick in some areas and quite curly on her head and upper back. Will this straighten out as she ages or will it always be curly ? I think she's gorgeous !!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Kodi was listed as a gold/sable. He had beautiful reddish ears, tail and stripe down is back. He has lost the red and is now a cream color, but when he is first washed, you can still see the darker shade down his back. And he still has some red hair strans in his tail.

Shelby is black and white, but I can already see her coat turning silver, especially on her head. The white stripe on her head has kind of melded with everything.

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, all the changes, it will be so much fun to see what colour surprises they have for us :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello Everyone!!!
Thanks Lynn, Oh what fun that website was to see all the color changes. I can't wait to see my pup change and grow over time. I am having such a good time with him already!!!!

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
I kept thinking I was seeing brown mixed in with Princess' black when I would give her a bath.. now I know why.

Now I can't wait to see how she'll turn out as an adult.

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
I find the color changes in the Hav fascinating too!

Ricky is mostly black with a white goatee and a few strands of white on his chest. Since we got him at 9 weeks, we can see some light and medium brown on his ears and back of head and some silvers and gray along his body, mostly on one side.

When we are outdoors, these colors come out nicely! I have a pic of Ricky in my album here, taken in the fall, where you can see some of those colors. I am hoping he'll get more brown as he ages, but for sure he'll have some silver. His father is a chocolate Hav and his mom is a sable - so where did the black come from, I wonder??! lol He had 2 black brothers, 1 blk. sister and 1 sable brother.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Jasper was the color of a golden Fawn when he was born-- and now he his mostly white with some grey on his ears and tail. Sometimes you can see a very pail fawn color where he used to be darker behind his ears and on his saddle-- but overall he now looks like a white dog with silver ears. It will be interesting to see what becomes of Cash's coloring- his mom is a chocolate and his dad is white--

My Sister-in-laws Hav got lighter first and now at 4 years is getting darker again. They are dogs of many colors.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
That figures, although, she's not in the sun very much.

I was hoping for some color change.. but we probably wont get it.

Her Grandmother is a gorgeous sable color.

·
Oreo's Mom
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, Tom I really took a good look at twinkles photos and wow, what a difference in colour changes :) Havs are just so cool!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I love the changes too! Ollie gets more auburn as we grows however one would still call him Black~

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I am very lucky - he curls and he has never had a mat and only brush him every few days - hope it stays that way....and oh so SOFT!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts