Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally clipped Dexter down. I have been talking myself into it for a couple of months. I have a plastic grocery bag full of hair. I am still trying finish up the groom, but I have to look at it for a few days.

Here a picture taken with my tablet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
OH, doesn't he look handsome!!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,627 Posts
You always do such a nice job on him!

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No sweater. I worked on his head some more tonight. Got more work to do tomorrow.

·
Metrowest, MA
27,627 Posts
There are people who will spin dog fur into yarn, whether to make a sweater or a keepsake ornament.
I don't think you can use cut hair, though... it's too short.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clippers on the body, chest, rump side. Scissors on legs, and head. I am still not completed with his groom. I see lots of spots I missed. Dexter loves to sit down while I am trying to clip and scissor him, which makes it 3x longer.

I like length on the legs. I love the way you can see the spring in Dexter's gait now, I can see it! With the long hair you can't see any of the cute movements they make when they trot and pace away.

·
2,550 Posts
Dexters short clip

Clippers on the body, chest, rump side. Scissors on legs, and head. I am still not completed with his groom. I see lots of spots I missed. Dexter loves to sit down while I am trying to clip and scissor him, which makes it 3x longer.

I like length on the legs. I love the way you can see the spring in Dexter's gait now, I can see it! With the long hair you can't see any of the cute movements they make when they trot and pace away.
Nice job. Dexter looks very handsome. I agree with length on the legs and have the groomer do the same thing - clipper on the body and scissors on the legs and head on Tyler. I hate seeing "skinny" clipped legs on this breed, but I know it takes quite a knack to scissor. Hope he lets you finish the job soon before he needs another haircut:eyebrows:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts

I never noticed before but just recently I think Dexter and Zoey sort of look alike. His expression and face reminds me of my Zoe.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dexter head is cut even shorter. Took the clippers to Dexter again, work on the legs some more. Geezzzzzz.....maybe this year I will learn some type of technique or pattern to follow so I do not forget anything. Oh! Dh loves the short cut so much!

I was trying to decide if I should cut the ears a little shorter and round them up like a puppy, but hubby says he looks really cute the way he is.....so, I will probably stop.

I am working the next 3 nights so Dexter gets a break from me snipping here and there. I have noticed that Dexter has lost a little weight, he used to be pretty chucky. Dexter looks great now! I could feel the ribs.

Dexter is going in at the end of April to get his Cherry Eye fixed, so that was one of the main reasons I wanted Dexter cut down.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shorter Clip for Summer

This is the finally clip for Dexter for the Summer. I may end up buzzing him during the Summer, but this is basically what I want him to look like.

My husband loves this cut. He would rather Dexter be in a short clip. Men!

Attachments

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I almost have Dexter clipped in the same clip as the avatar picture. I need to even up the white mustache so it is roundish and clip a little more the right eye (make the white hair shorter to make the black hair more prominent).

Pictures help so much in telling you where you need more. It is fun! Love to groom, you do have to have the patience though, if you do not have the patience, grooming your own dog is not for you.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I trimmed more around the mustache to make it rounder, trimmer more white above the eye. Dexter is so fussy when I am trimming up around his face. I think I am done for awhile. If you look very closely at the picture and look at the inner corner of Dexter's eye, you will see the Cherry Eye. It is small, so it might be missed when you look at it.

·
2,550 Posts
Dexter gets clipped

I trimmed more around the mustache to make it rounder, trimmer more white above the eye. Dexter is so fussy when I am trimming up around his face. I think I am done for awhile. If you look very closely at the picture and look at the inner corner of Dexter's eye, you will see the Cherry Eye. It is small, so it might be missed when you look at it.
I can see it as Tyler's looks exactly the same, size and all.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts