Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love this forum! It is the only place that my Mom can come to to talk about me. Everyone else thinks my Mom is crazy!

If you want to talk to me, I sure would like the company.

Here goes....

My Dad is taking care of me tonight because my most favorite person in the world is working tonight. Dad is ok, but he is great especially when he goes out on the deck and brings in some really good food. So, I do not eat my meal until I know they have eaten, because, I know they will give me something really good to eat!

I love to chew bones and my pig. I love to play with Mom. Sometimes, I have a toy in my mouth and I go up to my Mom and she likes to play with me and she says 'I'm going to get you!" And, I run away and I keep coming back to Mom, I like it when she chases me around. I am really fast!

I have a friend who lives next door, his name is Bailey. A few months ago, I was afraid of this thing. My mom got me used to Bailey slowly over a few months. Now, I run up to the fence and I sniff Bailey. Bailey is always barking! And he rolls over on his back when I come up to see him. Mom says, he is a beagle. Bailey lives in his back yard and he is probably about 4-5 months old. I think my Mom really wants us to play together, but Bailey is so wild! He is fast too! But, I am faster! One day, we will play together, maybe when he is older.

I guess Mom needs to take a picture of me and Bailey, huh?

Attachments

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Everyone is sleeping around here today! Mom just got up from sleeping, she worked last night and Dad is taking his nap again. That's ok...I jump up into Dad's face to see if he is ok and I lick his face.

I was a really good boy. Dad closed the bedroom door again so Mom could sleep today and I just sat outside the door without scratching on the door and when Mom finally came out, I was so happy.

Why is it when Mom eats some good smelling food, she doesn't give me anything? At least she shares small ice cubes with me!

I got into the laundry basket and pulled out a few things.

I think I drove my Mom crazy this afternoon. I was bugging her, jumping, basically anything I could do to get her attention. This is usually when we go outside and run, but my Mom said it is too wet.

I like shoes! They smell so good! Rolled up socks are good too. Why do people clean their clothes? The best thing about rolled up socks are is that you can shake and chew them and the all of a sudden you have two socks!

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mom took me for a walk before she went to work. I love walks because I smell a lot of things! Our short walk lasts maybe 10 minutes or so.

I saw a banana today, there was no banana in it, but I smelled it. Mom wouldn't let me picked it up. I did manage to grab some paper on the way home!

I came home with wet feet and a wet underside and Mom had to dry me off with that big blue towel! I do not like the towel thing!

Mom ended up drying me with the dryer. I do not think she wanted to get wet before going to work.

When Mom says "all finished," I get excited because I know I am going to get a treat!

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Beamer!

My Mom came home from work, I was excited as usual. Mom was giving me my belly rub and she found a little mat under my arm and said, "we are going to get that out this morning, that has got to hurt." Mom put me on her lap and I laid on my back, I don't like to lay on my back, but Mom was pretty quick in getting out the mat. She used some little thinning shears to get that sticky thing out.

Well, Mom ended up finding a few more stickers on my belly and she got those out too! I do not like my belly getting trimmed, especially that area under my legs where that loose skin is.

I think my Mom is wondering where Dad took me outside last night.

I am on a hunger strike this morning, I smelled my food this morning and I am not interested. Mom said, "I better eat it."

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Pixie!

Your cute! My tummy is not feeling good. I guess chewing on carpet is not good for you, that is why I did not eat my food this morning.

My Mom is finally out of the room with the closed door and Dad is not even home! I was really good and I did not scratch on the door to wake my Mom up. She came out from behind the door and we sat outside and she gave me the best massage.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can be very devilish. I like my Mom and stay around her all the time. I think Mom watches me too close because she won't let me chew or eat anything I want!

Sometimes, I get anxious and high strung and I get into everything and I am bad. But, Mom understands me, she tells Dad, "he needs to run," so, they take me outside and I run back and forth from Mom and Dad and they give me treats every time I come to them. Sometimes, I run from the front yard to the back yard, and sometimes they hide from me and I have to find them!

My Mom first signature said, "Havs take lots of training, it does get better." Then, she was reading how frustrated one of the Hav owners was getting with one of my buddies and then she added the patience stuff.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew it! I knew it!

Mom wanted to take me "Bye, Bye," and I did not want to get in the car, she actually talk me into getting in the car by offering a treat.

We ended up at the dog park! There were two dogs there, a loud barking Dachshund and a quiet Brussels Griffin. I thought I did pretty good! I haven't been to dog park in months!

I let the dogs sniff me, this is really rude. Mom was down with me when those dogs were sniffing me. I am still really shy and timid around these 4 legged whatevers.....I like those people persons though, they do not sniff your behind and get in your face.

We stayed about 30 minutes and we left when there were about 7 dogs there, it was getting a little to rough.

I did good in the car! I did not throw up!

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mom decided to get up early today because she couldn't sleep, she will probably go back to bed soon.

Mom took that comb and thinning shears to my belly again, ya know if she didn't touch and pet me all the time, I wouldn't have all these problems! But then again, I sure do like the massages she gives.

I didn't eat my supper last night, my stomach is still bothering me. Dad told Mom that I threw up a few times yesterday. I still feel good though, I just do not feel like eating. Dad's packing again, I sure hope I do not have to go back to the kennel again.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ate more than 1/2 of my breakfast today. Dad told my Mom I pooped this morning! Why do they always want to know things like that?

I saw Dad go out of the house with some of his clothes. I was sitting in Mom's lap the whole time so she wouldn't leave, I kept looking at her.

Mom went back to bed this morning, she got up and stayed up for a little while, then she went back to bed and did not get up until a couple of hours later, so I got to sleep too! I guess working 4 nights is too much for Mom.

I heard Mom say to Dad this morning, that we were going to try the dog park today before it got busy with too many other dogs.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went to the dog park today. I met a Maltipoo, and two Dachshunds. I only stayed about 15 minutes. I let everyone sniff me. I still stay real close to Mom. I headed toward the escape gate after a while, Mom came over and so did one of the dachshunds.

Mom called me, so I came and she picked me up and we escaped!

Mom said I was getting better. I am still not playing with those other dogs. The people are real friendly though! I like them!

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We went to the dog park around 11:15AM, Mom figured it would be not as busy. She was right. We were the only ones there when we got there. We go to the small dog area.

Later on, we met the Brussels Griffin pup, a little tiny dog, Corgi type dog and a terrier type dog. Mom decided to stay about 2 hours because the park was pretty quiet, but I was ready to go after 15 minutes. Most of the time in the park was without dogs, but I got to watch the big dogs in the other area.

Mom had to get me twice from the gate, I was jumping up and wanting to get out. Mom carried me back to the bench that was far away and we sat there awhile, I stayed on the bench when I met the last three dogs.

I don't know why I act like this at the dog park, I am pretty wild and playful at home. I love people, it's those dogs I am very shy around. I think we are going back to the dog park tomorrow.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mom is little frustrated because the last time we posted a post, the post just disappeared into the internet... who knows where...and it was a long post.

So, now I am writing again. Dad is taking care of me for the next 2 nights, then I can have Mom back again. I don't bother Mom while she is sleeping anymore, so Dad doesn't lock me out of the room anymore.

I got a bath on Friday, that was nice, but now, I know what the word bath means and I play hard to get from Mom. I know she means business when she lowers her voice and sounds kind of mean. I like my bath! I even run over to the place Mom dries me!

Mom says I am so soft when I am clean, she even said I felt like a cat! Can you believe that!

Mom is still working on with me on the dog park. I am still very timid and shy. She said she is going to take me to the dog park two more times this week.

Mom hasn't really cut my hair lately just a little above my eyes, so I can see. Mom loves my eyes and I like to see what I am doing. Mom is dying to use those clippers again and her new scissors, I heard she ordered that CC comb that costs so much. I really like it when Mom is brushing or combing me, it feels so good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.