Havanese Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Metrowest, MA
Will not be posting any further under Boo in ER. Instead, Boo will be detailing his daily/weekly posts under a new heading. I'm gonna let Boo speak in his own voice. That way you don't get my filtered version. It should be interesting. Boo agrees.
Oh, I LOVE this!!! 馃挄 馃挄 馃挄

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
First Diary Entry

Dear Diary,

My Dad said I need to journal in you to keep my mind bright and fresh. Honestly, I think Dad is the one losing his marbles because I'm fine. However, I will humor him as long as the cookies keep coming. Anyway, Diary, let me introduce myself. My name is Boo, and I am a 19 year old Havanese dog. I was born on a chilly Halloween night in the Southern US. In case you're wondering, Diary, I didn't stay in the South long. Rather, I headed to glamorous Manhattan at 11 weeks. I spent my first 4 years jetting between New York and the beaches of Southern California. That's why my friends call me Boo, The Jetsetter (a mouthfull). I've also lived in Southern France and Palm Springs. Now, I just stay put in the Pasadena, California area.

Well, Diary, today I was pretty tired, and spent most of the day sleeping. I did wake a few times to eat and go potty. I also watched part of a movie with my grandma. She is pretty old and smells like Jasmine and Roses. Sometimes, the smell makes me sneeze. However, she gives me cookies. So, I like to visit her.

Dad told me I have a doctor's appointment this week. Hopefully, he will forget because I am tired of seeing the doctor.

Anyway, Diary, that is enough journaling for now. I need a nap.

Boo
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Toy dog

Metrowest, MA
Yay, Boo! I鈥檓 glad you鈥檝e decided to journal. I think this, along with your puzzles, is a great way to keep your mind active. Besides. The rest of us are VERY invested in your welfare at this point. You are a 鈥淗avanese Forum Star鈥!

Premium Member
I LOVE Boo鈥檚 journal :) It triggered a memory from when I was little. I read a lot of diary and letter style books at some point in elementary school and wanted my diaries to sound more interesting. I started writing to my diary as a person. I wanted it to sound like yours but it did not sound cute and clever like Boo. I kept one I found when my parents were selling their house because it鈥檚 funny if you know the story of what I was trying to do, but without context it鈥檚 unbelievably creepy and weird and makes me seem like I was completely insane as a child.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Dear Diary -

Today, I did not wake up til 7 am. Dad was so excited that he gave me 2 cookies. Dad is too funny. Later, when he was cleaning my room, I noticed that Dad was pointing a funny looking object at my bed. I wonder if that is a camera. Is Dad watching me now? I think that is an invasion of my privacy!! Dad is a retired attorney. So, he should know better

Anyway, Diary, today, I was thinking about the time I spent in France. When I was 9 or 10 years old, Dad took me to the French Rivera for about 8 months to visit a friend. The plane ride was not scary for me at all. In fact, since it was not a commercial flight, I got extra special treatment. I even got to sit on Dad 's lap.

When we arrived in Nice, a big car picked us up and took us to a beautiful home. I even had my own room with a nice woman to take care of me. I guess she knew I was special because she always gave me treats. Dad's friend was very nice. Every one referred to him as "Monsieur le Comte." I'm not sure but I think he was almost as important as me.

One week, we all went to Paris and stayed at a place called Georges V. I think the people there knew that I was very special because they called me "Monsieur Boo." I saw dogs every where on the streets and in the restaurants. Dad even bought me a special dog feeder from Maison Goyard (Chic du Chien boutique). I also got a beautiful collar. My Maltese friend, Lola, almost fainted, when she saw what Dad bought me. The only thing I hated about Paris was the poop on the streets. Yuck!!!

Well, Diary, I will tell you more about other trips another time. Now, I'm feeling hungry and want to eat.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear Diary,

Today, I got out of my bed all by myself to get a drink of water. I had been practicing with Dad. So, I knew I could do it. Dad was so excited, when he saw me by my water bowl. He even gave me a cookie. Earlier today, Dad gave me some new medicine to help my appetite. I think it made me more sleepy than hungry because I took a five hour nap. Diary, I am gonna play my puzzle game now.

Boo

Metrowest, MA
Good for you, Boo! Keep surprising your Dad! Show up in all sorts of places he doesn鈥檛 expect tou! :)

Reactions: BoosDad and Sheri

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dear Diary,

It is almost 3 am on 11/24, and I am getting ready to sleep. For some reason, I got really hungry around 2 am, and started crying. Lucky, Dad figured out what I wanted cause I needed food. I just wanted cookies not my food earlier in the day. I think it is that medicine he gave me. Now, I am getting in my bed and ready to close my eyes. Night.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear Diary,

Dad tricked me today!! He told me that we were taking a car ride to get more treats. Instead, we ended up at my doctor's office. I got stuck with a needle and had something wrapped around my arm. I heard the doctor say that I gained a little weight, and didn't look too bad for an old guy. Of course, I look good. I was glad to leave that place and get home. I decided to forgive Dad because he gave me 4 cookies, when we got home.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I love this journal and am glad Boo is feeling good. By the way, didn't the people that started Three Dog Bakery have a TV program at one time featuring the bakery? Or am I thinking of some other program that featured a bakery for dogs.
BoosDad - I'm not sure, if they were featured on a television program. However, they do have an actual well-known bakery in Encino, California. That's where we get stuff.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dear Diary,

The vet emailed Dad on Thursday and told him that my blood pressure is good. However, lab results indicate that my creatinine level rose from 1.0 mg/dl to 1.6 mg/dl in the past 3 weeks. She attributed the increase to my picky eating and my blood pressure medication. So, she told Dad to decrease my blood pressure medication and switch me to the JustFoodForDogs low renal diet for now. She also wants Dad to give me fluids, twice a week for 2 or 3 weeks because my medicine is making me a little dehydrated. Wonder what that means? I know how to drink my water.

Overall, I think I'm doing ok. I'm playing my puzzle games in the morning and night and going to explore in the backyard every afternoon. Sometimes, I get a little weak and fall on my butt. However, I can still do the Havanese hop when Dad motions for me to come.

I'm tired now Diary. So, I am going to take my afternoon nap.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Dear Diary -

Last night, I did not eat til 3 am. I just was not hungry. Lucky, Dad was not mad, and took me out after I ate.

For some reason, today, I got my appetite back. Maybe, it was the new food Dad gave me, ground lamb with brown rice, blueberries, and cauliflower. I ate every bite. Dad was so proud of me. I think he is gonna give me the same thing tommorow.

Well, I am off to rest now, since I was up with Dad a lot today. We played my puzzle game three times. I also wondered in the backyard, while Dad watered his patio plants. It was a good day.

Signing off now, Diary.

Boo
Dog Dog supply Carnivore Comfort Mammal

Registered
Dear Diary -

Last night, I did not eat til 3 am. I just was not hungry. Lucky, Dad was not mad, and took me out after I ate.

For some reason, today, I got my appetite back. Maybe, it was the new food Dad gave me, ground lamb with brown rice, blueberries, and cauliflower. I ate every bite. Dad was so proud of me. I think he is gonna give me the same thing tommorow.

Well, I am off to rest now, since I was up with Dad a lot today. We played my puzzle game three times. I also wondered in the backyard, while Dad watered his patio plants. It was a good day.

Signing off now, Diary.

Boo View attachment 176346
Glad you liked your new food, Boo! What puzzle games do you like??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts