Havanese Forum banner
181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
31,476 Posts
Good boy, Boo! Glad you enjoyed a little sunshine!

Reactions: JaJa and BoosDad

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Dear Diary,

I just woke up from my afternoon nap, and went outside to potty. When I came back in the house, Dad told me that I had received a package from my forum friend, Shama. I was very excited because I do not get many packages.

Shama sent me some of the items that she received at the Animal Walk 2022 (2 squeaky toys and a bag of cookies). Dad said I can have a cookie, if I eat all my supper tonight.

It’s so nice to have a forum friend like Shama. I hope that I am feeling well enough in 2023 to participate in the Walk again.

Boo

Vertebrate Toy Textile Mammal Wood

Dog Dog breed Standard schnauzer Carnivore Schnauzer

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts
Shama is so happy to know that Boo received her package, and she really loved seeing his picture with the contents! She thought Boo would be likely to remember that the llama came from Shama since llama and Shama rhyme!

Below are some pictures of Shama with all the prizes that she received thanks to the generous donations of family and friends, including several forum members.

I am also including a link to a video of her attacking the moose that she later sent to Boo. (Please let me know if you are able to view the video and hear the song that I thought went with the video so well ... Thanks!)

Dog Vertebrate Blue Dog breed Toy

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Toy

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Toy Dog supply

Here is a link to the video of Shama attacking the moose.

Here is a link to the thread about the 2022 Walk for Animals.

Shama will keep the octopus, because she loves octopuses. (You must see My Octopus Teacher on Netflix! If you like it, you may enjoy reading The Soul of an Octopus too!)

She will keep the bags and the water bottle. She will donate the other toys to a raffle at some point in the future, either for the North Star Havanese Club or for our local kennel club, or maybe she'll give them to puppies she meets. (She just met a sweet Havanese puppy named Ivy who lives near us. Didn't think of offering her one of the toys though ...)

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the Walk for Animals.

Boo, what did you think of the treats? Shama couldn't have them due to her restricted kidney disease diet, but she hopes you enjoyed them!

💙💚💜💛🧡

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Shama is so happy to know that Boo received her package, and she really loved seeing his picture with the contents! She thought Boo would be likely to remember that the llama came from Shama since llama and Shama rhyme!

Below are some pictures of Shama with all the prizes that she received thanks to the generous donations of family and friends, including several forum members.

I am also including a link to a video of her attacking the moose that she later sent to Boo. (Please let me know if you are able to view the video and hear the song that I thought went with the video so well ... Thanks!)

View attachment 178320

View attachment 178321

View attachment 178322

Shama will keep the octopus, because she loves octopuses. (You must see My Octopus Teacher on Netflix! If you like it, you may enjoy reading The Soul of an Octopus too!)

She will keep the bags and the water bottle. She will donate the other toys to a raffle at some point in the future, either for the North Star Havanese Club or for our local kennel club, or maybe she'll give them to puppies she meets. (She just met a sweet Havanese puppy named Ivy who lives near us. Didn't think of offering her one of the toys though ...)

Boo, what did you think of the treats? Shama couldn't have them due to her restricted kidney disease diet, but she hopes you enjoyed them!

💙💚💜💛🧡
Boo gobbled up the treat because he is a cookie monster!!

·
Member (Teresa)
1,101 Posts
Dear Diary,

I just woke up from my afternoon nap, and went outside to potty. When I came back in the house, Dad told me that I had received a package from my forum friend, Shama. I was very excited because I do not get many packages.

Shama sent me some of the items that she received at the Animal Walk 2022 (2 squeaky toys and a bag of cookies). Dad said I can have a cookie, if I eat all my supper tonight.

It’s so nice to have a forum friend like Shama. I hope that I am feeling well enough in 2023 to participate in the Walk again.

Boo

View attachment 178317 .

View attachment 178318
Handsome as always 💜 and yes, Shama is wonderful🥰

·
Member (Teresa)
1,101 Posts

View attachment 178320

View attachment 178321

View attachment 178322

💙💚💜💛🧡
What fun! I haven't been able to see the videos but I will do some troubleshooting after dinner.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Dear Diary,

This afternoon my Buddy Belt order arrived, all the way from Toronto, Canada. I was so excited to get two new harnesses and leads. Dad said he would post some pictures in the next few days.

I had a pretty lazy day, napping and playing my puzzle games. I went out in the backyard for about 20 minutes in the early evening. There were lots of good smells.

Well, it is a little past 9 pm. I am ready for bed. I will probably wake up about 2 am to go potty and visit with Dad. Then, I will go back to sleep until 8 or 9 am.

Boo
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Comfort

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 · (Edited)
Dear Diary,

Today, Dad took me to the doctor. I had to pee in a cup and give blood. The doctor also took my blood pressure, which was perfect. She told Dad that I had gained a little weight, and seemed stable. She called Dad this evening and told him that my blood and urine tests looked good except for a slightly low T4 value. She told Dad that she would do some additional testing to check out my thyroid function. Hopefully, I am ok.

I am going to the groomer on Saturday. I will write more later.

Boo

·
Metrowest, MA
31,476 Posts
Yay Boo! Glad to hear you are still doing great! 💕

Reactions: BoosDad

·
Metrowest, MA
31,476 Posts
You certainly DO look handsome, Boo!!! 💕

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Dear Diary,

Today, my doctor talked to Dad and told him that my TSH and Free T4 by ED levels were suggestive of early hypothyroidism. As such, she prescribed a thyroid replacement tablet for me to take every morning. She plans to recheck my thyroid function in 3-4 weeks. So, now, I am up to ten medications. I guess I am lucky cause I still feel pretty good most days,

Boo

181 - 200 of 210 Posts