Havanese Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

Metrowest, MA
Dear Diary -

Last night, I did not eat til 3 am. I just was not hungry. Lucky, Dad was not mad, and took me out after I ate.

For some reason, today, I got my appetite back. Maybe, it was the new food Dad gave me, ground lamb with brown rice, blueberries, and cauliflower. I ate every bite. Dad was so proud of me. I think he is gonna give me the same thing tommorow.

Well, I am off to rest now, since I was up with Dad a lot today. We played my puzzle game three times. I also wondered in the backyard, while Dad watered his patio plants. It was a good day.

Signing off now, Diary.

Boo View attachment 176346
I think I want Dad to cook for me too, Boo!

Registered
This is great! Love reading Boo's Diaries and his writing style!! My favorite was "I'm not sure but I think he was almost as important as me." Of course I was drinking my coffee and almost spit it on my keyboard as I was reading this!! Boo, you should consider writing a book! Hugs to you! 馃

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Dear Diary,

Today was a funny day. For some reason, this afternoon, while I was sitting in my bed, Dad pulled up the skin between my shoulder blades, and poked something into me. It did not hurt but felt kinda weird. Dad kept petting me. So, I tried to stay quiet. Whatever, he did was over soon but, man, I had to go pee.

I did feel some spurts of energy, and decided to play my puzzle game, after I relieved myself. Funny thing, I had to pee a couple more times before I felt comfortable to settle down. I did nap for 4-5 hours. Now, I'm ready for my supper.

Boo

Metrowest, MA
Dear Diary,

Today was a funny day. For some reason, this afternoon, while I was sitting in my bed, Dad pulled up the skin between my shoulder blades, and poked something into me. It did not hurt but felt kinda weird. Dad kept petting me. So, I tried to stay quiet. Whatever, he did was over soon but, man, I had to go pee.

I did feel some spurts of energy, and decided to play my puzzle game, after I relieved myself. Funny thing, I had to pee a couple more times before I felt comfortable to settle down. I did nap for 4-5 hours. Now, I'm ready for my supper.

Boo
He was trying to turn you into a camel, Boo! LOL!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Dear Diary,

My cyber pal, Shama, is entered in a Cutest Pet contest. I hope she wins cause Havanese are definitely the cutest dogs in the world. I should know because I took first prize in the Belmont Shore Best Looking dog contest, when I was five or six. My prize included a luxury spa treatment and a professional photo shoot. Those were the days.

Today, I am back on medication cause I had diarrhea last night. So far, today, I am doing ok. Not sure, if I will eat tonight. I think I'll keep Dad guessing for a while. I need to keep him on his toes.

Boo
Dog Carnivore Smile Liver Companion dog

Metrowest, MA
Awww, Boo, you sure are a handsome dude! then AND now!!! Feel better, buddy!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Dear Diary,

Tonight, I ate every bite of my dinner. The food just tasted really good. I think Dad was shocked
cause he kept smiling at me. Dad is funny that way. I bet he would faint, if I asked for more food.
Maybe, I will test that theory tomorrow.

Anyway, Diary, I am so happy that, so far, my cyber pal, Shama, has the most votes in her Cutest Pet contest. I hope forum members continue to vote for her, and she stays in the lead. Dad told me that sometimes you have to spend $600.00. to win $300.00. That really makes no sense. Guess that's why Dad loses his shirt in Vegas. He is really bad at arithmatic. Lucky, he didn't become an accountant.

Well, Diary, I am gonna nap for a few hours. Dad will probably wake me to potty at midnight cause he wants me to sleep until 6 am. I guess I have a grooming appointment tomorrow. So, I better get some rest.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dear Diary,

Today, I went to the groomer, and I was the perfect gentleman. I did not fuss, when the nice lady put me in the big tub and washed me. I relaxed while the warm air dried me gently, dreaming of a tropical breeze. I even did not flinch, when the nice lady trimmed my nails. Dad was very proud of me.

I was tired, when I got back home. In fact, I slept for five hours straight. I guess the groomer made me very relaxed.

Well, Dad just put my dinner down. I鈥檓 gonna sniff it and see what鈥檚 on the menu tonight.

Boo
Pet supply Carnivore Felidae Fawn Dog supply

Premium Member
My cyber pal, Shama, is entered in a Cutest Pet contest. I hope she wins cause Havanese are definitely the cutest dogs in the world. I should know because I took first prize in the Belmont Shore Best Looking dog contest, when I was five or six. My prize included a luxury spa treatment and a professional photo shoot. Those were the days.
Shama thanks you for your support, Boo! We are wondering if this lovely photo is from that professional photo shoot years ago or if it's a current photo? If it's a current photo, can we see one of the professional photos from years ago? Thank you for sharing your diary with us!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Shama thanks you for your support, Boo! We are wondering if this lovely photo is from that professional photo shoot years ago or if it's a current photo? If it's a current photo, can we see one of the professional photos from years ago? Thank you for sharing your diary with us!

馃挌馃挍馃А馃挏馃挋
From BoosDad
That is an old photo from a professional shoot. It is a large, matted and framed photograph. There are a handful of other photographs with Boo, modeling sweaters. However, we have moved so many times. I'm not sure where I put them. If I locate them, I will post a few photos. Boo loved the camera in his earlier years (now not so much).

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Dear Diary,

I was lazy this morning, and slept in until 9:00 am. After I went outside to potty, Dad and I sat together and played my puzzle games. It was fun.

A little later, Dad took me for a car ride. We went to Nordstrom. I tried to sit quietly in my stroller. However, I started getting a little nervous because there were so many humans around. To my relief, Dad took me home.

Now, I smell something cooking. I think I will get out of my bed and investigate.

Boo
Dog Dog breed Comfort Carnivore Grey

Metrowest, MA
You have the most gorgeous eyes, Boo! You are still a lady killer! 鉂

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Dear Diary,

I was lazy again today, and didn't wake up until 9:00 am. It was just to cold in the house cause Dad likes it freezing. Finally, he turned on the heat at 9:00 am. So, I figured it was safe for me to get up. I wondered in the backyard for 30 minutes, while Dad did some weeding. Dad offered me breakfast, when we came back inside. However, I just wanted a few cookies. I took my yucky medicine and sat with Dad, so I could get some extra cookies.

It's 3:00 pm now, Diary. Dad woke me an hour ago to go potty and have some lunch. For some reason, I am just not hungry. Rather, I'm ready for another nap. At my age, I'm a pro napper, and love to sleep. However, to quote Sondheim, "I'm still here." Guess those naps really help.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Dear Diary,

Well, Dad was totally shocked to learn that I ate every bit of my supper before 10 pm. Maybe, he keeps it cold in the house to make me hungry. I don't know but everything tasted good tonight. I just came back inside from going potty, and am getting ready for bed.

Dad told me that a cat is tied with Shama for first place in the Cutest Pet contest. Go figure, I always thought a Havanese dog is much cuter than any cat. I guess you learn something new everyday. I sure hope that people start voting for Shama, so that she takes the lead again. I will be really sad, if a cat or a dog with a "cigarette" in his/her mouth beats Shama.

Dad told me that we will do our best to help Shama take first place. He told me to stay positive. That is what I am going to do.

Am off to sleep now.

Boo

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Dear Diary,

This morning, I was just ravenous, when Dad put down my breakfast. I licked my plate clean. I could tell that Dad was pleased with me. After eating, I got a big drink of water, and went over to the stairs, so that Dad could take me outside. Dad put a gate by the stairs, so that I can see where to stop, even in low light.

Now, it is time for my morning nap.

Boo
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Dog supply

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Dear Diary,

Today, it was nice and sunny. So, I wondered in the backyard for thirty minutes. Dad was pruning the rose bushes. They are still flowering and look pretty. However, i don't like thorns, so I always steer clear of them.

After my little outdoor time, I spent most of the day sleeping. I did play my two puzzle games. However, i did not feel like eating lunch today. Maybe, I will have a little dinner around 10 pm.

Yawn!! I think I need a little snooze now.

Boo

21 - 40 of 73 Posts