Havanese Forum banner
141 - 160 of 253 Posts

· Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Dear Diary,

Well, I made it to my 19.5 birthday, and am feeling good most days. I still enjoy playing my puzzle games, three times a day. Dad and I also play find the treat sometimes. I am always very excited, when I find the treat.

This past Saturday, I went to the groomer. After the groomer, I took a short walk (my version of the Minnesota Animal Walk 2022). It was a beautiful day in Pasadena, California.

Well, Diary, now it is time for my afternoon nap. I have been up with Dad for the past three hours and am feeling tired now.

Boo

· Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Dear Diary,

This morning, Dad took me to the doctor. I had a lot of different tests. I heard the doctor tell Dad that I was looking really good, and had gained .75lb, which was good news. I have been feeling better lately. So, I have been more hungry. I guess my medications are really helping me.

I just finished my lunch and went outside in the backyard. Now, I am getting ready for my afternoon snooze.

Boo
Dog Dog supply Dog breed Carnivore Comfort

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts
Look at those bright eyes, Boo! You are looking cute as a button!!! 💗

Reactions: BoosDad

· Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Dear Diary,

On Monday, I had my Adequan injection. So, I am still feeling good today. I just finished helping Dad with some pruning in the backyard, which the gardener neglected. I also watched Dad dead head the rose bushes from a safe distance (I hate thorns). Dad let me play my puzzle games, when we came back inside the house. I had my cookie fill. Now, gotta take a little snooze.

Boo
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Toy dog

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts
Good man, Boo! I stay away from thorns too!!!

· Metrowest, MA
32,306 Posts
You are the handsomest young man EVA!!! 💕

· Premium Member
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Dear Diary,

I was feeling very strong this afternoon, since I got my Adequan injection in the morning. So, Dad let me explore in the backyard. It was a sunny day but not too hot. Still, I had a big drink of water, when I came back inside.

One of my medicines came today from the compounding pharmacy. The pharmacists enclosed a get well note and a squeaky toy for me. I thought that was nice cause the medicine is awful, even if they say it is chicken flavored.

Dad and I stopped for coffee, after I got my shot this morning. I snoozed in my stroller, while Dad had his coffee. I knew Dad needed a break today.

Well, Diary, I have been up for about 2 hours now. So, I think I am ready for a nap.

Yawn!

Boo
Hand Product Human body Sleeve Font
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Grass

· Registered
2,472 Posts
Dear Diary,

I was feeling very strong this afternoon, since I got my Adequan injection in the morning. So, Dad let me explore in the backyard. It was a sunny day but not too hot. Still, I had a big drink of water, when I came back inside.

One of my medicines came today from the compounding pharmacy. The pharmacists enclosed a get well note and a squeaky toy for me. I thought that was nice cause the medicine is awful, even if they say it is chicken flavored.

Dad and I stopped for coffee, after I got my shot this morning. I snoozed in my stroller, while Dad had his coffee. I knew Dad needed a break today.

Well, Diary, I have been up for about 2 hours now. So, I think I am ready for a nap.

Yawn!

Boo View attachment 177907 View attachment 177908
Perry hated his liquid meds (and I think I hated them more!)... luckily I found a compounding pharmacy that can do them in pills instead so we are both happier.

It was funny though, before we traveled I called his vet to get a prescription for the pill version of the med - and the very nice nurse called me back - she was very very chipper but she wanted to let me know that it was difficult to find his dose in pill version. I assured her that I had already found it but needed the prescription to get the price (and then order them). :)

So now Perry gets 3 pills in his morning peanut butter plus a capsule opened and sprinkled on his food as well as a few supplements. He then gets 2 pills by themselves at around 8pm (he's not crazy about them because one is the capsule and it does not go down easily... then he gets a couple of treats with the 2nd pill stuck in them :))

141 - 160 of 253 Posts