Havanese Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you give, and why?

Our golden's had to have a supplement as a preventative for hip dysphasia, and we gave flax seed oil.

Since the havanese breed is still new to me, I am not sure what I should be giving her in the way of supplements.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
I give my girls a supplemented breakfast with egg yolk and veggies every morning. i just mix it in with the kibble.

I have given my maltese supplements for weight gain. She is a fireball and burns off any weight she puts on. Every year, I get a full blood panel done and me and my vet talk about supplements or what they need.

I try to weigh Belle once a month and if I see she is getting low or if I am doing a lot of agility with her (currently the case), I add some solid gold sea meal to her diet or fish oils.

I think you have to be careful with too much supplements though. I definetly would recommend talking to your vet. If you feel your dog is lacking something, might want to change the diet.

Amanda

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
So far my Havs are healthy, so the only thing I add is some fish oil. Kodi's hair is a little dry and a conditioner after shampoo didn't really help much. We'll see what happens. Kodi is a real picky eater, but Shelby is a begger and ate some apple the other day.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
I give Jasper a multi vitamin (drs foster and smith for small breeds) almost everyday becasue he is such a finicky eater- i am never sure he is getting what he needs- but I don't give him full dose --- dogs over 12 lbs are supposed to get 2 tabs- he's 14 lbs and I give him 1 tab

1 - 4 of 4 Posts