Havanese Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I was wondering if the experts feels this rescue pup might be a Hav. He is listed as such and was rescued from a home where they had to many dogs and they were told he was Havanese.

His tail doesn't have the characteristic tight curl though. He is 6 months old and 12 pounds. The rescue said that he was non-shedding.

Attachments

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
could be. but no such thing as non shedding. It's a selling feature

·
Metrowest, MA
28,033 Posts
He could be, but these days, because Havanese have become so popular, anything that is long haired and doesn't have a pushed in face is listed as a "Havanese" or "Havanese cross".

Reactions: Kidpsychpdd

·
Registered
237 Posts
He looks very much like my friends minpin chihuahua. But the colors are more Havanese. Maybe a havahuahua? I groom two of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello-

I was wondering if the experts feels this rescue pup might be a Hav. He is listed as such and was rescued from a home where they had to many dogs and they were told he was Havanese.

His tail doesn't have the characteristic tight curl though. He is 6 months old and 12 pounds. The rescue said that he was non-shedding.
Tail isn't right don't think so?

·
Registered
102 Posts
could be. but no such thing as non shedding. It's a selling feature
I would call my pup as close to non shedding as is possible. Try a couple of mini aussies if you want to know about shedding, or a sleek Great Dane whose hair will imbed in fabric forever. The only thing I've gotten off Abby is some little cottony breakage, & a couple of trimmed off mats. People shed more than this dog. Sure they will blow their puppy coat, but most breeds blow coat a couple of times a year, every year. My long haired cat will fill a slicker brush nearly every day. I feel you are doing a disservice to the breed by calling it a selling feature.

·
Retired Groomer
160 Posts
The OP hasn’t been on the forum since Summer of 2016 - they must have passed on this pup : (

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very cute pup but I don't think it's a Havanese. The eyes appear to be round rather than those absolutely magnetic pleading almond shaped eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts