Havanese Forum banner

How are you housebreaking your furry friend?

• Puppy Pads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My floor

• My Ex-husbands shoes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here is my second post, admitting guilt. I am so excited to see Cuddles when I get home, that I act as silly as she does. Sometimes I get down on the floor with her and share in her enthusiasm. So one of us has self control, but its probably not me.
New dog owner? Can't you tell! I can't believe someone gave up this beautiful dog. Cuddles had housebreaking issues, but we were able to overcome these by including a indoor dog toilet http://piddleplace.comin out lives, and positive reinforcement.
Someone's loss was my blessing.

Attachments

·
Dana and John
532 Posts
I do the same thing. Gibbs greets me at the door with his little butt wiggling and tail waging. I get right down on all fours and go nose to nose with him.

Dana (my wife), once got jealous and asked me why always greet Gibbs first.

My reply was:

I'll greet you first when you start wiggling your a$$ like that

:fear::brick:

·
Ruth (me) Chester (dog)
887 Posts
Where is outdoor?

·
Registered
24 Posts
As much as the first thing I want to do when I get home is greet Sophie, I do not do so until she goes outside and goes potty. She knows the drill. I will say out loud "Hi Sophie!" But will not give her any physical affection till she goes out. Once she does, she gets all the love, praise & affection she wants. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
My Miss Rosa sits at the dog and cocks her head when someone is coming to the door. She is starting to recognize voices. Shes starts barking if is someone she doesn't know to well. She barks and wags her tail if it someone she knows. She is getting such a personality. We will take her out right away and check to make sure there are no messes. She is in a cornered off area of the little kitchen and I'm trying to use the indoor dog toilet, http://piddleplace.com She's trying but its taking time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So far, so good! Miss Rosa is doing better with the toilet training http://piddleplace.com and she actually doesn't mind using it. She has had very little accidents, she still loves her walks with me though.I hoping I can get a cute valentine's picture of her.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Housebreaking ??

We are adopting our first Havanese in the coming month. We had a Maltese who was next to impossible to housebreak. I'm so excited about our new addition but I'm very nervous about housebreaking. We live in Western New York where the winters have a tendency to be brutal but I have an awesome, adorable, really warm coat for him. I have read some of the discussions about housebreaking :( To coin a phrase, "The future seems bleak." I've thought about installing a bell along side the door. I'm curious to know if anyone has any experience with that system? Does anyone have any suggestions? When we adopt him, he'll be eight weeks old....I can hardly wait! :whoo:

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I think you should have a good handle on housebreaking before the winter weather rolls in. We got Molly last February during a brutal western NY winter. It was tough as she was only 3 lbs. when we got her but we made it through using crate training and also an expen. Good luck with your new little one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts