Votes: 36 23.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 19 12.5%
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...Dexter just learned to jump on the bed, I needed to sleep and did not want to fight with him. You guessed it, he stayed in the bed.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Todd slept with us for a couple of months but he kept waking DH up at night and trying to push him off of the bed.
He's back in his crate unless DH is away on buisness...then he sleeps with me because I can sleep through anything..lol

·
Rey & Rigby
33 Posts
I am always worried that Rey will mess on the bed. Rey stays in the crate all night without a wimper to potty if we close the crate; but if the crate is not closed he will relieve himself in the middle of the night (without a wimper or a notification). I'm afraid that if he had free reign on the big bed he would find a place delightful for a late night potty.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Jackson has only slept on our bed a couple of times. He likes to get up there and cuddle and hide under the comforter, but after that he is ready to get down and find his own spot. It took him a year before he would sleep in a bed, and we keep it in our room, but he gets in and out of it all night. He likes to "guard the threshold" and we have also noticed that he likes to sleep in between our bedroom and whoever else is in the house, i.e., if one of the boys is home, he sleeps in the foyer so he can see down the hall if we come out of the room, but also close to the steps in case our son comes downstairs.

·
Tucker 2007-2020
6,349 Posts
Tucker sleeps with me now, but I didn't let him until I was absolutely sure he was house trained, when he was probably about 1 year old. I had always planned on it...he makes me feel more secure, he's sweet and just sleeps quietly all night, snuggled up against me.

·
Sharlene
3,098 Posts
Half and half. They both sleep with us in their crates on the bed...yup, a little tight even in a king size bed. We have tried to have Evye sleep with us but she always crawls back in her crate. Bentley I am too worried he would pee, or worse.

·
Zeus and Riley's Mom
1,105 Posts
Riley sleeps with me on his own side of the bed in his own doggie bed. He sometimes sleeps at the foot of the bed....but never bothers me. I've actually found that I sleep better if he's there!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Smarty has slept with us since I was on a trip when she was 3 months old, it was pouring rain when we arrived and I did not go back to the car for her crate. She is a great bed buddy.

I never expected to have a dog sleep with me, she is the first.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Yes- all 3 do but I love it! Dash sleeps between my and DH's shoulders. Belle on the otherside of DH's legs and Dora either under the bed or on the top of DH's pillow (he leaves one there for her but about 90% of the time, he uses hers!) depending on her being distracted or level of warmth.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not exactly....

It's more like we get to sleep with them! :pound:

Tango (our Havanese) sleeps snuggled against me. Soleil (our Pomeranian) sleeps on my pillow. Lily (our Bull Terrier) sleeps curled up between DH and me.

Yes, they tolerate us being there!

·
Sooo Smart
3,551 Posts
We wanted Cicero to sleep with us BUT he had rather be in his crate and away from the snoring. :)

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
for sure, Molly sleeps at the foot of the bed on my side, because I don't move as much as my wife. And the truth of the matter is that ,contrary to what some "experts" have suggested, dogs wil not become "dominant" by sleeping with us.

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
All of mine sleep in crates, except Stella, who sleeps on my daughters bed-

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Jean is that a full or queen size bed? We have a king and could fit another 5 in the bed. I can't even reach my husband at night and we're thinking of going down to a queen. Another reason is we're going to be moving and don't know what kind of house we'll get and a king might be too large. Ugh, choices :brick:

·
Registered
9,794 Posts
All three sleep with us in our king size bed. Without them there, it would feel strange!

·
Pepper's mom
1,329 Posts
Heck yes! Pepper sleeps either in DH's spot when DH is away, or between us - always on top of the covers. He used to sleep above my head or on the headboard shelf, but has moved down to the mattress in colder weather. April (Chi/Pug) sleeps under the covers by our feet. Even in the hottest weather!

I find it soothing when they snuggle with me and I will fall asleep faster if I can feel them nearby.

·
Zeus and Riley's Mom
1,105 Posts
Jan: That is a queen sized bed. I had a king for years when I was married, and we used to joke that we had to pack a lunch to visit each other! :) If you like to be cozy, I think a queen is perfect.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts