Havanese Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am just wondering what type of brush you use for you hav babies?! My Oliver has a bit of a shag going on. I would like to get him a brush that is appropriate for the double coat/length/and type. Any suggestions?
THANKS!
Shelby & Oli

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I like the All Systems pin brush. The cost is under $20. Small and fits my hand well. I also have the Chris Christenson brush (CC). I do not like it as much because it is bigger and harder for me to hold. Also the CC brushes are pricey. But the CC combs are worth the money because they go through the hair better than the cheap ones. The tines are polished better, therefore, they glide through the hair like butter. Hence the name buttercomb.

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I have 2 brushes that I seldom use, the CC buttercomb is my go to comb I use it everyday, often times twice a day!!!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,660 Posts
I like the All Systems pin brush. The cost is under $20. Small and fits my hand well. I also have the Chris Christenson brush (CC). I do not like it as much because it is bigger and harder for me to hold. Also the CC brushes are pricey. But the CC combs are worth the money because they go through the hair better than the cheap ones. The tines are polished better, therefore, they glide through the hair like butter. Hence the name buttercomb.
Actually, the CC pin brushes start at $16 and come in several sizes, from pocket sized up. I haven't tried an All Systems brush. I did get talked into trying a Madan brush, and find that the pins are too sharp and rough on the skin... Kodi doesn't like it. (and he's usually very good about grooming)

Lucile and the others are right though, you will find that the CC Buttercomb becomes your tool of choice once you own one. (and almost all of us cave and spring for one in the end:biggrin1:)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I like the Greyhound brushes. They fit well in the hand. I have a couple CC brushes. One the pins broke off or pushed into the rubber backing. When I tried to return them, I was given CC's phone number but never called as I wasn't interested in another. I do like the CC comb, but I have another, can't remember brand, but works as well. I had an All systems brush, but it never made it home from a show, probably dropped it. I liked it too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Because Luna is only 14 weeks I can't imagine using a pin brush, seems like it would tear her skin. I am using a baby brush but that can't go on much longer. What should I use until she gets lots of hair?

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
honestly I NEVER use my brush, get a good CC buttercomb you will use that every.day.!!
it really IS the best tool for keeping them combed out!!

·
Metrowest, MA
27,660 Posts
Because Luna is only 14 weeks I can't imagine using a pin brush, seems like it would tear her skin. I am using a baby brush but that can't go on much longer. What should I use until she gets lots of hair?
Also, A GOOD pin brush has rounded tips that shouldn't hurt her skin at all. That's what I like about the CC pin brushes and DIS like about the Madan brushes. The Madan pins are much scratchier on the tips. Also, CC makes wood pin brushes that are VERY easy on the skin and hair. They are pricey, but my favorite brush of all.

(But Tammy's right, your number one tool will be a real good comb:biggrin1:)

·
Chico and Cali
1,373 Posts
I love the CC wooden brush and the buttercomb. I spent a lot on the other CC metal brush and don't like it at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts