Havanese Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recommendation on dog show wickets? I have been searching online and apparently there are oodles to choose from. I'd like something lightweight, accurate and easy to use. Also, not too pricey.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
If a Judge calls for a wicket in the ring, they will only use the AKC official one, and the show committee is supposed to have one available or be fined. I saw it happen once at the National. By the way, it's properly called "the National", and not "Nationals".

Of course, you don't need the official one to use at home. We've had this one forever. I just added a "line level", sold in Lowes or Home Depot where the tools are, taped onto the horizontal dowel. We've found it plenty accurate, but it takes both of us to do it-one to stack the dog/puppy, and the other to do the measuring.

I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on one. It's a pretty simple device.

http://imageevent.com/weebitsratter...ffc2.eagle_s?p=0&n=1&m=-1&c=2&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

We did away with the little rubber stopper, and just clamp down on it with our fingers when we have it at the right position. Then you just read the ruler at the top of the metal angle which is level with the bottom of the dowel. It becomes very accurate with the addition of the level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts