Havanese Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Havanese puppy soon and am looking for recommendations for a good doggy daycare on the Upper East Side of Manhattan?

Thanks!

·
Bugsy's Mom
4,387 Posts
Welcome to the forum Alex. :wave:

I am in San Fran, so no recommendations, but I am bumping up this thread so that our New York members see it and chime in with responses. You could also try and contact the local Havanese club for a referral or if you have a vet lined up, they might be able to help.

Did you know that we just love puppy pictures on this forum?? ;)

·
Kubrick & Hitchcock's Mom
7,774 Posts
Hi Alex and :welcome: to the forum!

I used to live on the UES and I used New York Dog Spa and Hotel on 91st between York and 1st. They were really great there and Kubrick used to love going. I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Doggy Day Care & Walker

Dear Alex,
Congratulations on your soon-to-be-Havanese. The Havanese meet-up group sometimes has gatherings at the Dog Spa Uptown. Here is their address.
Dog Spa Uptown
415 East 91st Street
New York NY 10128
212-410-1755

Neighbors in your building, perhaps, can recommend a dog walker, or ask the folks at Dog Spa. I bet they get asked that question a lot!

Once you do get your new pup, we hope you'll come to a meeting or event hosted by the Greater New York Havanese club! http://www.gnyhc.org

All best,
Alison Brackman
Greater New York Havanese Club

·
Mom to Toro
182 Posts
I have a friend who uses Biscuits and Bath for her Yorkie and likes it a lot, though she doe use a different location (Riverside Boulevard).
I, too, am researching so I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

Here is the one closest to you.

Upper East Side
(212) 419-2500
1535 First Avenue (@ 80th St)
New York, NY 10028

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for all the information people, I was searching for this information on the internet for quite some time now but could not find something this nice. I am really glad I landed up here during my search.
:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not on the UES but we love The Salty Paw at South Street Seaport. I know this sounds nuts, but we live on the UWS and take Chewy all the way down there before work when we need him to go to daycare. I have heard horror stories about a lot of the daycares in my area. The ladies at The Salty Paw are really sweet and you can tell they love what they do.

·
Registered
234 Posts
doggy day care manhattan

I have a friend who uses Biscuits and Bath for her Yorkie and likes it a lot, though she doe use a different location (Riverside Boulevard).
I, too, am researching so I'm curious to hear what others have to say.

Here is the one closest to you.

Upper East Side
(212) 419-2500
1535 First Avenue (@ 80th St)
New York, NY 10028
You said you were researching but didn't say where so I'll give the information for one on the upper west side that I have had marvelous experience with for over 3 years.

Ellie loves to go - so much so that she howls at the elevator to hurry when she's going to playgroup. When we have to wait a minute for them to let us in she starts barking at the door - she knows she belongs and they should let her in NOW! The staff is caring and friendly and the owner, Gail, is hands on, reasonable and utterly reliable.

They also board and do quality grooming.

Playground Pups
Amsterdam Avenue between 92 and 93

1 - 10 of 10 Posts