Havanese Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a good weekend. Dora took a second place and we had a lot of fun. We went to a show up in E. Lansing, MI. A 5 hour drive but we were able to visit family and stay overnight. Dora is going to take a break from Rally and concentrate on Obedience and Agility. The picture sucks as we were in a hockey arena with only half the lights and I didnt have good flash but we had to capture the moment!

P.S. you can see the scratched up hockey background!

Amanda

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Amanda, that is WONDERFUL!
I am so proud of yall!

RE is a great title to have, sounds like you have one smart cookie!
Give Dora some treats, and let us know how the obedience goes. I dont have the patience for that, but I would like to try agility.

CONGRATS!!!

·
Katie
2,217 Posts
Big congrats to you and Dora~!
What an accomplishment!

And I love the pic, she is just a doll!

·
Cooper,Emma,Lily,Winston
2,018 Posts
Congratulations Amanda and Dora! That's a wonderful accomplishment.
I think the picture is great, you can tell how happy she is :)
Have fun!
Beverly

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Congrats to Amanda and Dora.
How difficult is agility and obedience? I think that I would have to get in better shape to train Kodi in agility. He loves to run, so I think this would be something to try with him. How do you get started? Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't have to be in shape at all! The really good Agility handlers actually can stand in the middle of the ring and send their dogs to all the obstacles. My husband laughs every time he sees this! It all depends on your and your dogs skills. My dogs tend to want to stick by my side so I run! I also have a lot more fun running.

The easiest way to get started if you don't have any knowledge is to take a class near you. See if you have an all breed training club- I have a great one www.columbusallbreed.com for anyone in Ohio. They offer tons of activities. Right now I am in agility, advanced obedience, and a special weave pole class. I started off last year in a puppy class with Dora. I just wanted her to be able to walk on a leash. Then the bug bit me <BG> So now I take classes 2 to 3 nights a week and practice a few minutes several times each day. I am naturally competitive and want to do well in the ring though!

Otherwise there are tons of books to get started. I just think it is easier if you have a training facility near you. They can set you up with a plan and help you when you get stuck.

If you have any questions don't hesitate!
Amanda

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Thanks so much for the info. I have a couple of clubs near me. Maybe I'll go sit in on one just to see how interested Kodi would be.

·
Amanda
9,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My girls love it but I have learned to make it fun. They don't have fun if you arent having fun. Now, they both get so excited when we train that I have to put one in the other room while I train with the other!

Amanda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts