Havanese Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We both look a little damp and bedraggled, but I still thought I’d share our very first Best of Breed and Group 3 photos!

Clothing Dog White Sunglasses Dog breed

Plant Dog Flower Carnivore Flowerpot

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yay Ducky! I like the ‘weathered’ look 😊 So did these count as points toward his championships?
No... This is separate. It counts toward the National Owner Handled Series. He has one whole point now! LOL! But you have to start someplace, and to start before we have even FINISHED our championship is pretty cool!

He has more points than he needs toward his championship at this point... still hunting that elusive major! He is entered 3 days on the weekend following this coming weekend, and there are girl majors each day (if they hold) so I am HOPING he finishes with a "cross-over major", meaning the judge gives him "Best of Winners", placing him ahead of all the girls one of those days. That would give him the major he needs to finish. It is impossible to get a boy major up here these days. There hasn't been a single boy major since he started showing.

·
Registered
808 Posts
No... This is separate. It counts toward the National Owner Handled Series. He has one whole point now! LOL! But you have to start someplace, and to start before we have even FINISHED our championship is pretty cool!

He has more points than he needs toward his championship at this point... still hunting that elusive major! He is entered 3 days on the weekend following this coming weekend, and there are girl majors each day (if they hold) so I am HOPING he finishes with a "cross-over major", meaning the judge gives him "Best of Winners", placing him ahead of all the girls one of those days. That would give him the major he needs to finish. It is impossible to get a boy major up here these days. There hasn't been a single boy major since he started showing.
Wow this is all so complex! Interesting that there are so many more girls competing… though I guess that stands to reason from a breeding standpoint since champion boys can sire more litters, and for longer, than girls can raise!

·
Sophie
1,041 Posts
Actually, this will have given him 20 points! Each OH BOB win is 5 NOHS points and a OH Group 3 is 15 😃

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow this is all so complex! Interesting that there are so many more girls competing… though I guess that stands to reason from a breeding standpoint since champion boys can sire more litters, and for longer, than girls can raise!
It IS complex... I'm learning as I go!

The other piece is that breeders tend to want to keep (and finish) girls, and NOT keep boys, because keeping a boy in a house full of girls is... noisy... at best.

·
Metrowest, MA
31,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually, this will have given him 20 points! Each OH BOB win is 5 NOHS points and a OH Group 3 is 15 😃
Cool! Someone else said she looked it up and it was only one point, and I just took her word for it, since we are SO far away from "doing anything" with those points right now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts