Havanese Forum banner

Ducky’s Show Weekend

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  charla 
#1 ·
Ducky had his first “away” dog show this weekend, staying in a hotel, and also showing outdoors on grass for the first time. He was a good boy all around, taking everything with his usual good grace and good humor.
He capped the weekend by going Owner Handler Best of Breed for the first time today, and then taking OH Group 3 under Judge Mrs. Sioux Forsyth-Green!

https://youtu.be/_jVqAThbzfs

Arriving at the show grounds on Friday afternoon.
Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Learning proper hotel behavior from Mama.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Companion dog

“Dog bedroom” in the hotel.
Property Cabinetry Wood Comfort Interior design

Oh man?!?! Baths here too???
Dog Textile Carnivore Interior design Wood

All fluffed and buffed!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Working animal

Waiting for our turn!
Plant Vertebrate Green Grass Shade

Back in the hotel room for some R&R for Ducky and his Duckies!!! He wore a belly band just to be careful in a pet friendly” hotel, but he was a very good boy and never tried to mark!
Dog Dog supply Dog breed Dog clothes Carnivore

Our very first time in the group ring!!! We had to ask pther people what to do, but everyone was nice and helped us figure it out! And Ducky did his job like a pro!
Dog Green Dog breed Carnivore Plant

It was a long ride home, and Ducky and I both crashed! I think we are going to sleep in in the morning!

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, I took him over there on Friday afternoon, before the show to walk around and he did fine. Sat morning classes were a different story! After a bunch of GIRLS had been walking the exact same path in the grass, he was VERY sniffy!!! So we stayed after classes, and did more gaiting practice now that the grass had been well-used by other dogs. Once he was used to it, he was great on Sunday. But it was a whole new experience, never having worked on grass! LOL! Isn't grass something you potty on?!?!

#5 ·
ABSOLUTELY!!! But he's a little young for that. He IS practicing everything! (he could do CGC, of course, but we haven't gotten around to it!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.