Havanese Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Metrowest, MA
28,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had such a fun afternoon! Chase came to visit today, and we had several of his other “extended family members there for him to meet too! He got to meet his daddy, granddaddy, several cousins and aunts and half brother Fezzik From here on the forum too!

The boys played and played!

Fezzik thought those two were crazy… the chair was safer! LOL!

Panda also stayed safely in a chair, protecting herself from ****. She says one zipper was PLENTY for her, thank you! LOL!

Once we got them good and tired out, I trimmed Chase up for them!

He was SUCH a good boy!!!

AND… All spiffed up! Lena had already given him a bath, and he has a luscious coat anyway. Now he has adorable neat feet, and EYEBALLS!!! ❤ LOVE this cutie pie!!!

All I can say is, if he’s like his little red and white brother, Chase is sleeping HARD tonight!!! :LOL:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks like they had a great time!! Is there a big size difference between them right now, or does it just look like it in the pics? Doesn’t look like anything was getting in the way of their wrestling though 😊

The picture of Panda trying to avoid her suitor is too much… he’s adorable though, what color is he???

·
Metrowest, MA
28,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks like they had a great time!! Is there a big size difference between them right now, or does it just look like it in the pics? Doesn’t look like anything was getting in the way of their wrestling though 😊

The picture of Panda trying to avoid her suitor is too much… he’s adorable though, what color is he???
There has ALWAYS been a huge size difference between these two, and it continues. Chase has always been close to double Ducky’s size, right from birth! Ducky is 7 lbs, Chase is 13 lbs. At 5 months, both are slowing down… My guess is that Chase will be a robust 15 or so lb boy like his grandpa Tony, while Ducky is clearly the more petite model like his sire, He.Be, and his grandpa Cabernet on the other side. And as the little one in the litter, Ducky had to learn to hold his own very early! He has ALWAYS been a little but mighty Duck!:ROFLMAO:

He.Be is a gold sable. Here he is still in coat. He had a horrible (recent) experience at the groomer. His owner, (daughter of my friend who bred him) dropped him off with a few mats on his belly to be taken care of. She MEANT that it was OK to shave his belly, but something got lost in translation,,, He has actually grown out. A lot. They were calling him “Garibaldi”. :ROFLMAO: Fortunately, hair grows! Unfortunately, he was supposed to start his show career last spring, and that is now at least a year away!

·
Registered
176 Posts
This is too cute!! Piper would've been wrestling with the boys for sure lol. They're so cute when they stand up like that to play-fight, i love it. Also LOL at Panda keeping a safe distance in the chair 🤣

·
Metrowest, MA
28,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is too cute!! Piper would've been wrestling with the boys for sure lol. They're so cute when they stand up like that to play-fight, i love it. Also LOL at Panda keeping a safe distance in the chair 🤣
She was keeping her BUTT safely out of range!!! LOL!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Oh goodness, it really was such a wonderful day! The weather was perfect, and boy, Karen, you sure were right, Chase was plumb tuckered out not only that day but even most of the next! Again, a million thank you‘s for hosting the day, giving Chase a much needed face and paws/claws trim, as well as a lesson for me! We took a zillion pics and videos too but what you posted really captured a good deal of the highlights.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh goodness, it really was such a wonderful day! The weather was perfect, and boy, Karen, you sure were right, Chase was plumb tuckered out not only that day but even most of the next! Again, a million thank you‘s for hosting the day, giving Chase a much needed face and paws/claws trim, as well as a lesson for me! We took a zillion pics and videos too but what you posted really captured a good deal of the highlights.
He is SUCH a darling boy, and you folks are doing a WONDERFUL job with him!!! ❤

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not been on here for about a week but what a wonderful post to come back to💗💗💗. Am trying my best not to comment on all the other threads so I don’t drag week old conversations up but couldn’t resist on this one, just gorgeous seeing them have so much fun together🥰🥰

Am also loving Panda’s “Chastity Chair”⛔⛔🤣

·
Metrowest, MA
28,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not been on here for about a week but what a wonderful post to come back to💗💗💗. Am trying my best not to comment on all the other threads so I don’t drag week old conversations up but couldn’t resist on this one, just gorgeous seeing them have so much fun together🥰🥰

Am also loving Panda’s “Chastity Chair”⛔⛔🤣
LOL! It was SUCH a fun afternoon! ...And it's actually fun looking at last week's posts again... with your comments attached! Go for it! 💗

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Just saw these pictures - so cute to see them play. Do you think litter mates actually recognize each other as siblings or do they just see another puppy to play with? Sorry I'm coming in late but summer has kept me busy.

·
Metrowest, MA
28,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just saw these pictures - so cute to see them play. Do you think litter mates actually recognize each other as siblings or do they just see another puppy to play with? Sorry I'm coming in late but summer has kept me busy.
They absolutely recognize each other as “family”. (Not sure it goes beyond that) Kodi has been back to Starborn twice, and waltzes back in as if he never left. All my dogs have “special friends” that they have known for a long time. Kodi and Pixel, of course, are too far from their litter mates to have ever met them, though Kodi has reconnected with his mother. (She had other puppies at the time and wasn’t very interested in him! LOL!) But Panda has spent time off and on with her litter mates over the years, and CLEARLY enjoys them. Likewise, they definitely love seeing my friend, Elinor’s, dogs. So I DO think they develop specific “friendships” just the way people do. There were other dogs at the party too, and Ducky and Chase really didn’t give the others the time of day. They ONLY wanted to play with each other.

Interestingly, Chase also walked right into the house and looked around. You could almost see him thinking, “I remember this!” He even went and used the potty tray in the kitchen!

·
Registered
341 Posts
They absolutely recognize each other as “family”. (Not sure it goes beyond that) Kodi has been back to Starborn twice, and waltzes back in as if he never left. All my dogs have “special friends” that they have known for a long time. Kodi and Pixel, of course, are too far from their litter mates to have ever met them, though Kodi has reconnected with his mother. (She had other puppies at the time and wasn’t very interested in him! LOL!) But Panda has spent time off and on with her litter mates over the years, and CLEARLY enjoys them. Likewise, they definitely love seeing my friend, Elinor’s, dogs. So I DO think they develop specific “friendships” just the way people do. There were other dogs at the party too, and Ducky and Chase really didn’t give the others the time of day. They ONLY wanted to play with each other.

Interestingly, Chase also walked right into the house and looked around. You could almost see him thinking, “I remember this!” He even went and used the potty tray in the kitchen!
Yes, I have to agree! They took all of a few mins to get reacquainted and they were off like he had never left! I remember at one point in their rough housing they accidentally ‘ran over‘ another dog who let it be known that it was not appreciated! It’s funny because they only played rough with each other and none of the other dogs. Chase also doesn’t play that way with his classmates or other dogs so I’d say he for sure shares a special bond with his siblings. ❤

1 - 15 of 15 Posts