Havanese Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Another idea… Trying to think of places that might be like redwood shores, Rob had the idea of POPOS- privately owned public open spaces. There are a bunch of SF that I know, but not familiar w most of these spots in Oakland.

Anyone know any of these places in Oakland? Privately-Owned Public Open Spaces - Oakland - LocalWiki

I love the sniff spot idea, but it could be a little risky given that we may get rained out in December. Maybe something to try next dry season?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello! Back from my two weeks away and catching up with all the messages about this meet up. I am in Berkeley and my building (fourplex) has an enclosed parking lot that we tenants use as a yard. It’s not pretty and there is no grass, but it has some patio furniture for the humans to sit down and enough space for a limited number of doggies to zoom around. It may not be worth it for some people to a drive long distance to, but convenient for the locals. Let me know. All I have to do it’s tell my neighbors so that they know we will be using the space.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello! Back from my two weeks away and catching up with all the messages about this meet up. I am in Berkeley and my building (fourplex) has an enclosed parking lot that we tenants use as a yard. It’s not pretty and there is no grass, but it has some patio furniture for the humans to sit down and enough space for a limited number of doggies to zoom around. It may not be worth it for some people to a drive long distance to, but convenient for the locals. Let me know. All I have to do it’s tell my neighbors so that they know we will be using the space.
Berkeley works for me and I like the fact that your space is enclosed. I'm dropping out of my Saturday class so any time is now good for me on Dec 3rd or 10th.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not sure if there’s a consensus, but if the majority live close to Oakland/Berkeley, I completely defer to majority vote. We’ll try to come, and if unable, will gladly live vicariously through any pics you post of the pups!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found this sniff spot in Oakland with a maximum of 20 dogs. $12 per hour per dog, Half off all dogs after the first dog. Agua Vista Hangout

·
Registered
9 Posts
This one also has a max of 20 dogs. In el Cerrito Taste of the countryside! Ultra dog friendly, tons of space! Proceeds benefit dog rescue ❤

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taste of the countryside in El Cerrito would work for me. Some people/dogs have a problem with wood chips but there are also grassy areas. Maybe we could book it for 5 dogs for 2 hours. That would be $22 ea or $110 for the 5 and then add on dogs when we know the actual number.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That place in el Cerrito sounds good to me too. There is cover in case it rains. How do others feel about this spot and are you in? If so, What is a good time on Saturday dec 3?
Works for me if we can get at least five dogs! Otherwise, I offer my place in Berkeley. Room to run around for the doggies (bigger than a regular backyard) and patio furniture for us to sit down. I am in south Berkeley near the Ashby / Telegraph intersection.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sorry to take a while to reply- hectic week! We are in for the 3rd, weather permitting (my two melt in the rain 😂). The sniff spot in El Cerrito looks cool but it says dates in November and December are all blocked off, unless you’re a repeat customer for this specific spot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Works for me if we can get at least five dogs! Otherwise, I offer my place in Berkeley. Room to run around for the doggies (bigger than a regular backyard) and patio furniture for us to sit down. I am in south Berkeley near the Ashby / Telegraph intersection.
If your place is still an option I think we should accept your generous offer. Is there a time of day that would be best for you?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Ok, we have quorum. Sharon and Jasper and Maria Jesus and Ona will be having a play date in Berkeley on Dec 3rd at 11 am. @LWalks and @rita_sugiyama, I hope you and your doggies can come too! And anyone else who finds it convenient. Please text me at 5109130926 for address! (subject to weather. If it rains we will take a rain check.)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts