Havanese Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Dave T
10,876 Posts
There is some good info. at ASPCA site under Poison Control Cente Its a good read.

· Karen
3,012 Posts
There is a phone number for animal poison control too if you ever have questions as to whether something is harmful. If you search for it on Google, it comes right up. I have not had to call it for Brady, but called once for my cat when my roomate at the time gave her a Claritin instead of her pill. There is a possible $60 fee when you call, but if the company sponsors them, there is no charge (at least not back then). The maker of Claritin was a sponsor so I was not charged. Anyway, that is a good number to have in an emergency as well. Here is the link in case anyone ever needs it. http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc&JServSessionIdr004=tvj2e51rg1.app25b

· Registered
1 Posts
It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm in a panic. My little Gracie found some almonds and craisens in my daughters backpack tonight while I was out. DH and kids were home and didn't know. We really aren't sure how many she ate. It was a small baggie full. My daughter doesn't think there were a bunch in there, but who knows - she's 8 yrs. old. I noticed that cranberries are in many dog foods, so I'm not worried about them. Does anyone know how a dog is with almonds? Gracie is a 5 1/2 months, but only 4 lbs. Should I worry about this overnight? I don't think I will be sleeping much tonight - I'll be up worrying for sure. So, any piece of mind would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!!
Karen
I'm sure a veterinarian will give the best answer on this subject. I'm having the same problem right now. I'm afraid something will happen to him.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts