Havanese Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Flynn of Sir Winston fame
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have supposedly solved the problem now, according to my ISP..but my email was hijacked. If you have any personal emails coming from me that look odd, do not open. I don't understand how this happened..but I have changed my passwords and that is what I was told to do..
I regret any inconvenience..thanks flynn

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
Yeah I was the lucky recipient of a fake email from Flynn. That's probably my fault , as I have published my personal email address on the forum here. This person used Flynn's name on their email address and sent me a letter to my private address. All it said was " Dave ,check this out , and it had a link there. A week ago was the first time I recieved it. I went to the link and my security warned me It was an unsafe site. So I replied, to the email thinking it was an honest mistake by Flynn. Never heard anything. Then yesterday I recieved it again. So I emailed Flynn privately on the forum here. She confirmed it wasn't from her. So that's why we\re bringing this to your attention. I'm wondering if they got both email addresses from here. Maybe the Moderators can shed some light. But if you do receive an email from Flynn to your personal address ,don't click on the link , it's an unsafe site. .

·
Flynn of Sir Winston fame
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I was the lucky recipient of a fake email from Flynn. That's probably my fault , as I have published my personal email address on the forum here. This person used Flynn's name on their email address and sent me a letter to my private address. All it said was " Dave ,check this out , and it had a link there. A week ago was the first time I recieved it. I went to the link and my security warned me It was an unsafe site. So I replied, to the email thinking it was an honest mistake by Flynn. Never heard anything. Then yesterday I recieved it again. So I emailed Flynn privately on the forum here. She confirmed it wasn't from her. So that's why were bringing this to your attention. I'm wondering if they got both email addresses from here. Maybe the Moderators can shed some light. But if you do receive an email from Flynn to your personal address ,don't click on the link , it's an unsafe site. .
Thanks Dave,
Some days I do not get on the computer..most days I am on it too much..but somehow my email got hijacked. I tend to want to blame FaceBook, but I have no idea. I am very careful about the things I open...but it happened. Hope that is all of it..

·
Metrowest, MA
27,627 Posts
Yeah I was the lucky recipient of a fake email from Flynn. That's probably my fault , as I have published my personal email address on the forum here. This person used Flynn's name on their email address and sent me a letter to my private address. All it said was " Dave ,check this out , and it had a link there. A week ago was the first time I recieved it. I went to the link and my security warned me It was an unsafe site. So I replied, to the email thinking it was an honest mistake by Flynn. Never heard anything. Then yesterday I recieved it again. So I emailed Flynn privately on the forum here. She confirmed it wasn't from her. So that's why were bringing this to your attention. I'm wondering if they got both email addresses from here. Maybe the Moderators can shed some light. But if you do receive an email from Flynn to your personal address ,don't click on the link , it's an unsafe site. .
Interesting. Flynn and I have corresponded through e-mail a number of times and I didn't get it. Hard to know how those things propagate. In general, I don't click on ANY links in e-mails.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Well...now I know what a hijacked email is... I have had this done to me several times in my hotmail. I never click on it. I have reported it as spam and lots of the do not show up on my email now. know now.

·
Gucci's mom
9,378 Posts
I got the Flynn spam! You bad, bad girl you!..:pound:

My son's email got hacked a few months ago and I had to nag him for a week to change the password. Atleast you caught it quick! They will keep using it for as long as they can.So sketchy hacking emails for spam, I tell ya..should be a more serious crime for these spammer thieves

Kara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts