Havanese Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am a new member and the house mate of Miss Daisy, who celebrated her second birthday Feb. Miss Daisy is a wonderful little creature who does everything she can to please my husband and I. She is very smart and learns very quickly. However, she just doesn't seem to understand the concept of "fetching". She loves to chase "floppsie", when thrown, and kill him a few times, but she just won't return floppsie to the thrower. We can't decide if she doesn't want to or doesn't understand that returning the toy is what allows the game to continue. Is this behavior common to the breed? Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance .................

·
Goldie and Stogie
2,301 Posts
Goldie will sorda fetch, she loves to run after it, but wont bring it back. She gets close, but she wants me to chase her or try to get it. Her fav games are "I have it, I dare you to come get it" (She plays this w/ Stogie all the time)

Stogie must be like Posh. He was born playing fetch. I never taught him how to do it, but he just LOVES it. He will bring it back again and again and..... Until I get so tired I give up.

IF you want Miss Daisy to learn, try giving her a treat when she does bring it back, maybe it will work?

Good Luck

G

·
Salsa is like Stogie and Posh...every time she greets you she has a toy in her mouth. She LOVES to play fetch!! Tanzi doesn't have time for that game...she prefers to play 'catch me if you can' :D

·
Yoda
1,210 Posts
Yoda has learn that when I throw the ball to go get it and he brings it back with in a few inches from me so he had the idea what to do now.beside my grandson will crawls on the floor after the ball and picks it up with his mouth LOL so Yoda watches him its so funny to watch. But eww at the same time LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts