Havanese Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
LINDA
6,496 Posts
I thought I wanted a smaller Hav, for ease in picking up and carrying etc. and also, because I think they are so cute. Well, I got larger ones. Chico is about 15 pounds, Cali is overweight , for her frame, at 14 pounds and Finnegan weighs 12 pounds. One of Cali's litter mates weighs 22 pounds, so I think it is genetic.

As well as having more to love, there is a benefit of being able to see them more easily when they are underfoot, and maybe less of a chance of tripping over them, in the kitchen:)
I felt the same way! When my Bella only grew to 6-7 lbs, I thought I wanted another small one, 10-12 lbs. Bella is too small because of a liver shunt. Fred's parents were average, but he is now 15lbs. He is not overweight, too long or even that big. Scudder is also a larger Hav at 16 lbs. He too is not too long, tall or overweight. These boys are all muscle with large chests. Having both sizes, I have to say I prefer the larger Havs. Although, I think the ideal size for me would be 12 lbs, I love my boys size! They are sturdy and I don't have to worry about birds of prey and them getting stepped on like poor Bella!

·
Metrowest, MA
28,498 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts