Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a couple of pics of Princess cleaned up.

She got a bath this morning, and then of course, the kids lured her outside to play... but she's still pretty clean, so I thought I would get a couple of pictures.

Now, she does know how to stack, she was sliding a bit on the counter, so it didn't come out a perfect stack. lol

Attachments

·
Casper and Missy
2,194 Posts
Jodi,
Wow, Princess is getting big, and that is the best picture I have seen of her, she is beautiful.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... my teenager was taking pics, because I don't trust my husband with my new camera. lol (he is NOT camera friendly)

Casper is getting big too, I love the pic in your avatar.. he looks all relaxed and comfy.

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I can never get them to show right, but she has two 'freckles', one on each of her paws.. it's just a black spot, but it's really cute.

Lately though, I'm thinking I would have loved her to have black paws :rolleyes:

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
I hear you! My first bitch has white paws too, and our training class was on blacktop so I would have to wash her feet everytime we came home. For just basic moisture (grass) and dirt, you can use cornstarch. I would dip her feet in it and brush it out - outdoors of course. :)

·
Izzy, Doc, and Kai's mom
2,349 Posts
That's a good hint...the cornstarch. Izzy has white paws and belly as well and it's certainly hard to keep them white this time of year! I just gave her her first bath. She shook so hard I thought she'd start to rattle! I don't think she likes the hairdryer. Is that what everyone else uses? I used the cool setting, then switched to warm because I thought she was cold.
Princess does have beautiful markings. How big is she? I'm not sure what to expect...Izzy only gained 4 oz. in two weeks. She's 3 lbs. 7 oz. at 14 wks.
I love seeing everyone's photo's and I'd love to get a new canon 35 mm. I have an old Nikon film 35 mm and I miss the quality of the pics! I love digital for it's ease and the amount of pics you can take for nothing, but the quality isn't the same as film.

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
Princess is a princess. What a looker! I too wanted my 2nd one to be black because of the paw stains- but wouldn't you know- Cash has white paws

·
Kimberly
10,275 Posts
Judy, if you can dry them in warmer room or outdoors, then cool works fine. You want to be very careful with the warm or hot settings because you can dry out the hair and their scalp. (A groomer friend said that's why many dog dryers just blow air and don't get hot.) I vacilate between warm & cool on a regular Conair (human) ion dryer. It was $14.99 at Target.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
When I bathe my two, they let me towel dry them for about 2 minutes. Then they take the towel and play tug-of-war. When they have enough of that, it's the built-in Hav drying system - they play run-like-hell until they are dry! :D

·
Izzy, Doc, and Kai's mom
2,349 Posts
Thanks, Kimberly. I was careful not to use the warm setting too much. I think our house is too cold, so next time I will use an old electric heater we have to warm up the bathroom. I'm not sure if she was cold or scared...I think the latter, but I'm not sure. I have a Conair as well, with all three settings, so I think I'm OK there. Her coat is so soft now....I love it!

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Jodi
How old is Princess and what does she weigh? She really cleans up nicely - she is beautiful!

·
Mom to Princess & Jewels
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She turns 7 months old on the 14th, and she is a little under 8lbs.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Princess looks a lot like Shelby. Shelby is 5 mos. and weighs 7.6 lbs. So, today was her first time at the dog run and she had so much fun. It was ust her and Kodi, but they ran around like crazy. She needs the exercise :eek:

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
I LOVE the pics of Princess, Jodi!!! What a cutie pie! She's all fluffy and clean. :) I know it doesn't last long, so I also try to get some pics in when Ricky's all nicely groomed. lol Glad you posted them!

·
Mom to Ricky and Sammy
10,319 Posts
I also use a human blow dryer and go from warm to cool settings. I can never completely dry Ricky, so usually halfway through, down he goes and he air dries the rest. Because it's been so cold here lately, I've had him bathed/groomed at the groomer's twice in the past 7-8 weeks. At least then I know when I pick him up, he's 100% dry and wont' get cold outside. I'm soooo looking forward to some warmer weather! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts