Havanese Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack has a nice lump/bump on his head. Vet feels sure the bump is a fluid filled cyst. So...., Jack is going in first thing in the morning to have checked out, so he will be under.

Either the area will be cut and drained or lump removed and then stitched. I will be able to take Jack home after 4pm.

Keep Jack in your thoughts.

·
LINDA
6,496 Posts
I hopes it turns out to be nothing serious.....
Good luck little buddy! He will be in our thoughts and prayers:)

·
Metrowest, MA
27,627 Posts
Poor little guy! We'll be thinking about him! Let us know as soon as you know what it is!

·
Flynn of Sir Winston fame
2,745 Posts
Hope all is well...hugs to Jack and you11:grouphug::grouphug:

·
Dave T
10,876 Posts
Hugs and woofs Dave and Molly.

·
Registered
8,619 Posts
Sending good thoughts to Jack. Kodi has one of those, on his upper chest. The vet aspirated it and has the fluid checked.It turned out just to be a little fatty cyst and hasn't changed in over a year. He said if I see a change to have it checked again.

·
Julie
1,441 Posts
Good luck Jack, sending good thoughts your way.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Hope everything is fine with Jack and removing this is just a precaution. Thinking of you and Jack.

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dropped Jack off at the Vet. While he is under, a Micro-chip will be inserted because I forgot with the neuter, nails clipped, and they will do a mouth check, blood work, pain medicines ordered.

They said I could call after 1pm to see how Jack was doing.

I am hoping when they drain or remove the cyst...they leave the hair on his head. Or.....Jack will getting a modified head groom.

I am anxious inside, I am trying to stay busy. It sure is quiet around here without Jack! Dexter did not want to eat this morning

·
Flynn of Sir Winston fame
2,745 Posts
Hope you have had some good news by now. Isn't it odd how the other dog knows when there is stress and concern about their companion dog? Dexter was worried..
Waiting for good news...Hugs..

·
Linda
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called like they said to after 1pm. and they were taking too long to get back to me, one minute can be a lifetime. Usually the receptionist will let you know, everything was fine.

Then, she comes back on the telephone and states the surgeon is still in surgery with a case and she will call you back.

I think the worse....

She calls back within 15 minutes. The area was a cyst. Jack will be on antibiotics and inflammatory type drug.

The Vet said she cut the cyst and drained, no hair was cut. Jack will have to return within a week or so for follow-up.

I am so grateful the area was not anything serious like a tumor or cancer. Microchip is in, they checked the teeth...moderate amount of tarter. I can come back for dental cleaning later.

I will have to ask about the blood work when I pick up Jack.

Dexter does not know what to think...it is like he is on high alert to everything today.

Four o'clock will not get here soon enough! I am still anxious. Thank you for sending positive thoughts this way.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Happy to hear Jack is doing well and it was only a cyst. It is always stressful when we leave them. Dexter will be very happy to see Jack no doubt he will have to sniff him all over to make for sure all is well.

·
Mom to Rosie
454 Posts
Just a heads up that Jack may have a funny smell that might put Dexter off at first. This used to happen with my cats and it took a little while for the one from the vet to smell normal again to the other one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts